False memories

Sunday morning, I jog across town to my sister's.
On a chilly morning around 8.
Its colder today than it was yesterday. I'm sweating under my shirt. I need better shoes. Her door is locked, she keeps a spare on the ledge above the door. I collapse on the couch, bigger than it should be.

A child sits on the floor, holding his baby shoes, playing with them. A girl stands across the room, her hair wet and jeans unbuttoned. She watches him play for a while and then like she couldn't hold herself, goes to him stopping a few steps short and calls him. I can't help but notice how her voice wraps around the words like a caress and how the emotions in her voice and on her face are tender and kinder than any i have ever seen, she seems too young to be a mother though. The little boy walks to her unsteadily on his baby legs  and falls into her open arms laughing. She pulls him to herself and sighs contently.
I lie down on the couch and watch them play.

The door opens behind me and I sit up to watch my sister come in carrying two brown bags and bringing with her a gust of cold wind that makes me shiver. She sees me and is startled for a second. She comes to me eying me accusingly and hands me a bag and turns around towards the kitchen and calls me after her. And I can't help but notice..