Crack the Shutters.

Jax walked into Val's house, in nothing but his pajama bottoms, to make sure she was getting ready for the school day. She was not the typical girl who woke early to get dolled up for school, she fought with the waking hours, till one of the boys came in to get her, everyday. She only took about 20 minutes to get ready, so Jax or Liam wake her as soon as they rolled out of bed, having to walk to her house to get her up since a phone and alarm are of no use.

Jax screams down the hall to where Val's bedroom his"Squeaks! Time to wake the hell up!! Get the perky little ass out of bed," as he puts her waffles into the toaster and pours a glass of juice for both him and her.

Once the waffles are done he butters them and sprinkles cinnamon on them just how she likes. Grabbing the plate and her glass of juice he walks to her room and knocks on the door as he opens it, just in case she is already awake and getting ready. He sits her breakfast down on the desk with all her girly junk spread on it, and walks to her bed.

Tangled in her blue sheets, the morning sun beaming on her face, her hair spread across her pillow, with a small smile to her lips, Jax was breathless. He loved waking her up, seeing her dream happily. Getting a brief glimpse of her sleeping soundly with out the pain of living without her brother, in a house with no parents who care evident on her face, warms his heart. People who do not know her well can not see the pain she carries with her, but Jax and Liam could see it.

Jax could sit for hours watching her sleep, and if he wouldn't look like such a creeper, he would love to paint her sleeping like this with the sun illuminating his ideal girl.

Val heard Jax enter the room to wake her, and she smelled the waffles he had set down, but she laid still and forced herself to keep her breathing even. Jax doesn't like to show anyone, but he is talented and whenever he wakes her is one of the only times she gets to experience it. So she sits to wait and see what he decides sings to her, to get her to open her eyes and start the day.

Leaning in close to her ear Jax starts to sing "Crack the shutters open wide, I want to bathe you in the light of day. And just watch you as the rays tangle around your face and body, I could sit for hours find new way to be awed each minute. Cause the day light seems to want you just as much as I want you."

Jax is an artists in multiple ways. He paints such amazing pictures, you could almost feel as if you are there looking at one of his paintings. Also talented in the vocal department, if Jax hadn't been so handsome, he could still get girls to drop their panties by singing. The deities truly blessed this bad boy. He is a triple threat, and Val is one of the only people, and probably the one female at all, to know it.

Val opens her eyes and smiles watching Jax sing to her. He stops when he sees she is awake. "Please don't stop Jax. I love Snow Patrol!" He smiles and her and gets into her bed laying next to her as he sings some more.

"It's been minutes, it's been days, it's been all I will remember. Happy lost in your hair and the cold side of the pillow. Your hills and valleys are mapped by my intrepid fingers. And in a naked slumber, I dream all this again...."

Liam stood in the doorway to Val's room wearing low slung jeans and his jersey. Watching the scene of Jax serenading Val made his heart ache. He was jealous that he had to make an effort to be romantic and thoughtful, and it comes so easily to his best friend.

Before Jax could sing any farther Liam walked into the room. "Seriously guys, we have to leave in 15 to not be late. I've got an exam and my professor locks the door at 9 sharp."

Startled, and a bit embarrassed, Jax stands from Val's bed and tells her to eat and get ready as he walks out her room quickly to go get ready.

Walking by Liam on his way out Jax shoots him an irritated look. The look is understood. Jax was pissed Liam interrupted. That's what happens when two friends are in love with the same girl, interruptions get taken to heart.