Christmas Au - Cass and Klaus (Part 1)

Hi guys! So, before I leave you to this new imagine I just wanted to mention a few things. This is something I wrote for my other story but recently I had new ideas and realized that it wasn't going to fit anymore. Instead of letting it go to waste I decided to post it as an imagine. This also has other 3 parts so let me know it you want to read more!

Oh and this book has 1.09k reads and omg I'm mind-blown. Thank you so much guys!

"What are you doing here?" Freya asks
when she sees me walking into the compound

"Is this how you welcome your guests? Didn't you miss me?" I say putting my bags on the ground and opening my arms waiting for a hug

She laughs and comes my way.
"Of course I did. I'm so happy to see you. Nik didn't tell us you were coming."

"That's because he doesn't know that I'm here. I came by to check on him, he has a lot on his plate right now. Well, all of you have so I came here to help."

We pull away from the familiar embrace and she pulls me to one of the sofas that adorns the abattoir.

"That's one way to put everything that is happening around here. But I'm not sure that you could help. I know that Nik wouldn't want you to get in trouble."

"I'm sure. But he doesn't have to worry about me, he already has another human to take care of. Oh, but this reminds me that I have to talk to him. Do you know where he is?" I ask knowing that I have to share this piece of information with him

"Knowing my brother's whereabouts these days is impossible. I hoped you, out of all people, could manage to track him down." Another voice spoke before Freya did and I turn around to see Elijah coming down the stairs.

"You overestimate me. But I can assure that he's okay. He's probably somewhere with Camille." I say wiggling my eyebrows when I mention her name.

I mean I don't ship them together, I'm sure everyone knows that. Despite what I think about them as a couple, I have to admit that she is good for him. Plus, she's a good person.

At my insinuating tone Elijah smirks and shakes his head. When he comes near us I get up and give him a hug.

"It's nice to have you here, Cas" he whispers after placing a kiss on my head.

"I couldn't not celebrate Christmas with you. I mean my favorite festivity should be spent with my favorite family." I say when he lets me go

"What about your family?" Freya asks when I sit back next to her

"I'm going to meet them tomorrow, actually. I'm not going to stay here for long unfortunately. I just wanted to check on the big bad hybrid and wish you all an happy Christmas in person."

Freya pouts when I mention the duration of my stay but when she's about to speak, another voice beats her to it. again.

"I forgot how much you like this festivity. It's absurd. I'm telling you sister, she gets excited like a baby." this time the voice belongs to someone I know very well. well, he's actually the reason I'm here. Klaus.

I roll my eyes at him. He likes to exaggerate stuff. It's his thing.

Obviously it doesn't go unnoticed by him, who I'm sure knows what I'm thinking, and for the first time he actually smiles at me. A big toothy smile.

I'm actually impressed. I didn't know he knew how to smile. He also opens his arms and looks at me.

This is truly a Christmas miracle.

I match his smile and actually run in his arms. What? Don't judge me, I've missed him.

We both laugh in glee when he catches me and I rest my head in the croook of his neck taking in his scent and enjoying his embrace.
One wouldn't imagine, but his hugs are actually great.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I would've picked you up at the airport." he says putting me down after a while

"I didn't want to bother you. I know you're busy." I say looking into his ocean eyes. My eyes are drawn to the person standing behind him.

"Oh hi Camille. I'm sorry, this one likes to be the centre of the attention. How are you? I hope he hasn't bothered you too much." I say with a playful tone to her. Again, I don't like the idea of them together but mom thought me manners.

She smiles at me and shakes my hand looking at Klaus and then at me before speaking.

" You must be Cassandra. I'm fine thanks for asking, it's nice to meet you. I'm sure you know better than me that he can be a handful."

"As if you didn't like it" I can't help to think knowing that at this point she's deeply in love with him.

"Oh enough. You have just met and you're already conspiracing against me. I thought you liked me, Cas" Klaus cuts me off and again hints to my crush for him

"You know, it's getting old. I've already told you on the phone that I'm into Bradley James now. Get over yourself." I scoff at him.

I smile again at Cami before making my way back to Freya. We're soon joined by the rest of the family and we talk about Christmas dinner arrangements and the imminent arrival of Rebekah.

***

"Ah here are my favorites brothers! What are these pouts on your faces? Cheer up, it's Christmas." I exclaimed wrapping my arms around Klaus and Rebekah's shoulders.

They were around the fire to burn their wishes. The mood was sour for that stupid prophecy about a family member turning against the others.

"I really appreciate your high spirit Cas, you know I do. But given the situation I don't it's appropriate." replied Klaus

"Don't be a party pooper Nik. Do you really think that I would stand by and watch while you're in a tough spot? I'm actually offended. I've got you girls. Now, go and have fun." Pulling away from them and pulling them away from the fire towards the carpet where Hayley, Hope, Camille and Freya were opening gifts.

" You do realize that we are guys, don't you" Elijah says chuckling

"Yes Elijah but there's also two girls. Why should we use a male term to refer to a group of people where there's the same amount of girls and boys? This patriarchal society is also mirrored in our language, we should choose words more carefully." For someone who refers to himself as a feminist, he certainly has a lot to learn.

He doesn't reply, just puts his hands in the air like he was surrounding.

" In the midst of your feminist rant, do you have a moment for me?" I hear Klaus saying from behind me. I didn't even notice that he'd stopped.

"I always have time for you. What's up? Need advice for your night with Camille?" I hint to the sexual tension that was obviously between them. And we all know what is going to happen when everyone is sleeping.

He shakes his head and pulls me to the side where no one could hear us.

" No I don't. And don't pretend you're the more experienced one. I know for a fact that you aren't." he says smirking

"Yeah you made sure of that. And by the way, I don't think it's fair. You're here getting all the action and I'm -" I couldn't finish my sentence because I was interrupted. In the least expected way.

I was kissed. By Klaus. Klaus kissed me.