1. My Story

I've always liked to play with fire. I liked being able to control what gets destroyed, in a life that was always out of my control.

My father had been controlling and abusive towards me and my mother for as long as I can remember.

Each time he made me sad or mad, I'd wait until he wasn't looking, take my lighter, and go burn something down, imagining him burning as well. Nothing big of course, just a pile of leaves or some sticks in the backyard. I came close to getting caught a few times, but was always somehow lucky enough that the flames disappeared before he could see them.

"Katherine!" He'd shout, "What are you doing? Get back inside! You know you belong to me, don't you!?"

I'd go back in, and hide my lighter so he never found it. Eventually, I had enough of him being like that, and came up with a plan to get me and my mother out of there.

I'd saved up some money, and we were going to run away. Or so I thought. When I took her outside where he wouldn't hear us and told her about my plan, she got angry.

"Katherine!" She yelled, "What were you thinking? Don't you know you belong to us!"

I had no words. She sounded just like him. She had been tricking me all along. I could no longer trust anything I heard or saw.

I went back inside, but something was different than all those times before. I didn't feel like myself anymore. I no longer cared about her like I did before, and I was ready to go my own way.

That night, after they were asleep, I heard the sound of static coming from outside and I looked out my window and saw something very strange. In my yard stood a tall, faceless man in a suit. I had never seen anything like that before, and didn't believe it. I figured it must be some sort of mannequin. Someone had to be pranking me. So I went outside to see what was going on.

When I reached it, it spoke.

"Hello, child." It said, "It has come to my attention that you want to leave this place behind. I can give you that, but in exchange you will work for me. You will become a killer. Do we have an agreement, Kat?"

I simply nodded, not caring anymore about what I had to do to escape, I just wanted out.

"Good, then go do what you know you must, and meet me in the woods." The faceless being spoke, before seeming to teleport away.

"Wait!" I called out, "I never got your name!"
But he had already disappeared. Still, I knew what I had to do.

Amazingly, my parents had slept through the whole thing, seemingly never even hearing the static at the beginning. I grabbed the biggest knife from the kitchen and killed my mother with it first. I didn't feel bad, she had betrayed me and deserved it. I moved on to my father, but he woke up before I could finish.

"Katherine!" He started, "What are you doing!? Don't you -"

"No." I cut him off. "I'm not Katherine anymore. I am Kat, and I don't belong to you."

I brought my knife down and finished the job. Then I lit the place on fire, ran outside, and watched it burn. It was beautiful.

I went to the woods and met with the tall man, who I now know as my boss, Slenderman. I am now a proxy of his, and my main targets are families like mine.

I show no mercy to anyone, because after all, you never know who's tricking who.