Mermaids' Love Story Part 1

An evening cold I was in my room reading a small story my friend wrote to me, it was a 15th birthday gift, and it was all I could ask for from her. It was getting colder than it normally was so late and so I decided to get up and have a small warm bath before bed. I looked around my room so dark all there was, was some shadows in the corner where I keep some of the things I have in this hospital, and to be honest there wasn't much I could keep. I slid into the bathroom and shut the foam door softly, I closed my eyes as I heard the magnet lock 'snap!' loudly.
I started removing my clothes and slid into the bathtub, the water warm, I smiled as I felt the water against my face, and around me. I held my breath and slid underwater, I closed my eyes and all I felt was water, water filling my lungs, I couldn't breathe, and the pain it caused me, It made me screech in pain.... everything went black.

I woke up, and around me was all water, everything different shades of blue. I felt weird like this was a dream. I could breathe underwater. it felt like, it felt like.. I could do anything.

I began moving my arms and tried to move my legs but I couldn't move them, I tried to look around me, but I couldn't see anybody. I looked at my body and noticed a figure, like legs but they weren't there... It was a tail? With scales... I started to freak out, my body shaking, and my mind going blank, but a few moments later I finally started to calm down, thinking this all has to be a dream.

I tried to move, I struggled at first, but soon as I started moving my tail, I was swimming super fast, I was impressed with how I moved through the water. I heard a voice call out to me, so I turned around and saw four Mermen. They came closer and the tallest one spoke, he started with an introduction. " Hello, Merma'am. I am prince Rovy. And you seem very lost in this kingdom of mermen. May I ask where you are from."

I shook a bit, afraid of what they might do to me, I knew something was wrong, but what?
"I'm Emmaleigh, and I'm lost.. I don't even know where I am."
I swam a bit closer, and two of the mermen would swim in front of Rovy and glared at me, saying nothing, but I knew better and kept my distance.

One of the peasant mermen looked at me, he had these deep blue sea eyes that when I looked in them I wanted to swim to their bottom and stay till I forget my way back.

He then hid behind his Prince. Rovy looked tame while he seemly examining my body. I felt uncomfortable and used my hands best to my advantage to cover my seemingly open body. Rovy started whispering to his guards and to his peasant, they were quite to the point all I heard was mumbles. The first merman, the one with green eyes stared at me and then the second one stared at me with his yellow eyes. They then started coming towards me with there coral knives, that they pulled from the side of there satchel. I started to swim as fast as I possibly could, leaving them behind me. I soon stopped, out of breath and looked behind me, waiting to see if they were still chasing me, but they somehow got in front of me, grabbing me by the arms and starting to drag me through the water to the prince and his peasant. 

Rovy smiled at me and ran his hand against my cheek, I tried to bite his finger but he pulled away too quickly. Rovy frowned at me and said, "Oh why so aggressive? What have I done to deserve this cruelty."

I then started crying as I felt one of the guards hands slid to a place no one should be touching." YOU ARE ALLOWING THE GUARDS TO TOUCH ME! A LADY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION INAPPROPRIATELY!!!!!" After that I would start to cry harder, feeling like I was going to die or something bad was going to happen.

The peasant with the beautiful ocean eyes swam closer and asked in a shy voice in front of the guards, " Can we just let her swim with us..? I'll watch her and make sure she follows. And can we keep the guards away from her." He looked at Rovy with desperation filling his eyes. "

It's clear they have intentions that are not okay."

Prince Rovy would nod in agreement, and look at the guards ordering them off her.
They let her go but stayed in position to keep her in place. Rovy began swimming back to his kingdom, going through seaweed, and coral areas, it's so beautiful like I've never seen before.

I would look at them, the guards following and the peasant merman behind me, encouraging me to go. I follow.

Rovy entered the palace, and we followed close behind, none of us making a sound except for the constant swishing a swooshing of our tails in the water. The Guards suddenly grabbed me by the arms and held me tightly as they stopped and looked up at their leader, the prince.