03

''What was going through your mind when he said that?''

                                                     "You know , I once heard a quote; family is family whether its the one you start out with, the one you end up with, or the one you gain along the way. Rakeem had lost his family and he was determined to get him back, so  of course I couldn't deny a favor like that."

Spice and rakeem sat in silence after his statement, she could see why he was so upset. Even though she has only met his brother Khalil  once, she could say he was responsible. Always putting his Youngers siblings priorities before his own. 

Although him running the streets and dealing wasn't the best of ways to set an example, he figured it was his only way to keep food on the table. him not finishing high school setting him back from getting a proper job.yet he was always there when they needed him, from walking his sister to school ever morning to making sure rakeem always had money in his pocket and clothes on his back.

Rakeem throws his head back onto the couch, as spice stares on silently. " the only other person I know who would know where he is is blue." spice nods blue was like a brother to Khalil and Rakeem even though he is older then him. Khalil and blue grew up together and have known each other ever since they were in middle school he's actually the one to introduce Khalil to the game since blues  father was already so deep into the streets himself.

"Then we need to find blue, u called his phone?" although spice couldn't see rakeems face properly since he was leaning his head back on the couch, she did notice his heavy sigh

. " of course I called the nigga, many of times even left messages and voice mails he ain't answering." spice quickly got off the couch walking towards the door to quickly put her shoes on she then goes to grab her jacket hanging on a hook above where she had placed her shoes.

rakeem looked up in alarm confused on why she got up so quickly. " what u getting ready for." spice rolled her eyes as she shifted her weight to her right leg and placed her hands on her hips. " You know what block blue be on?" he nods.

"Then get your ass up off my couch and lead the way, we bout to go pay blue a quick visit."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rakeem and spice had only been walking for a few minutes before they came upon the corner East 18th st. where most deals where made. is was located on a small corner in front of a little  food mart called Sprint. There stood many dudes dressed in dark and baggy clothing clowning around drinking or just shooting dice.

They were quick to identify blue as he was always sporting his chains and blue durag that he never seem to be without. blue was a light skinned brown eyed boy who was always showing off his money, he was also Loud and aggressive which is probably the reason why him and Khalil used to always be stuck in altercations.

They quickly walked up to him rakeem silently nodding at the men who they passed as spice ignored her surroundings solely focused on reaching blue and getting the information they needed so that she can quickly return home in one piece.

"Aye blue!" said man picked his head up quick from the game of dice before his confused face was replaced by a big smile. " aye if it isn't my nigga keem sup brother!" he walked toward both teens as he dabbed up rakeem and nodded his head in acknowledgment to spice.  

" what y'all niggas doing out here? u know yo brother don't like u round here." rakeem shook his head " thats what I came to talk to u about, he ain't been at the house in days." blue froze up " what you talking bout" 

" I aint seen him in two days he ain't stepped foot in the house at all." 

blue nodded his head silently before wiping down his face with hand. " ight look last time I saw him was when we were doing the lick 2 nights ago everything went smooth we got the money and was going to take it to dons stash house, I asked Khalil if he wanted me to ride with but he said he got it so I dropped the issue and headed home.'' 

He then goes digging in his pocket before pulling out his phone typing on it for a while before showing them texts between him and who they assume to khalil. 

Aye u dropped it off yet?

read at 2:02am

                                                                                       yea bro walking up the driveway now

                                                                                                                       read at 2:05 am

Aight nigga be smoove.

read at 2:05am

" Thats the last time I talked to him since then." rakeem goes and sighs again putting his hands in his coat pockets " aight thanks bruh" they began to dab up before him and spice heads towards  his place in silence. 

as they slowly make it up his porch steps spice speaks up" Maybe you can call him one last time u never know if he would pick up or not."  shaking his head in disbelief rakeem pulls out his phone to call. the dial tone rings a few times before both teens hear a quiet vibrating  coming from the bushes on the side of the porch.

quickly following the sounds they race down the stairs, spice watches as rakeem sticks his hands in the bushes only to come out with whats seems to be his brothers iPhone " what the hell this shit doing out here" just as quick as it came the vibrating soon ends only to showcase a text from none other than don himself. 

It was nice doing business with you, 

but I don't think I need you anymore

read at 2:10am