- 𝔦𝔦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴

Chapter Two
FIRST DAY STRUGGLES

❃ ☆ Chapter Two ☆ ❃FIRST DAY STRUGGLES

  "ARE YOU TWO REALLY THAT STUPID?"

The Start-of-Term feast had just finished and instead of going to bed like prefect, Percy Weasley told the younger Gryffindors to do, the children and Kit sat in the common room, waiting for the two boys who had somehow flew - that's right, flew - a car right into the Whomping Willow at school.

After a hour of waiting, which seem like an eternity for Kit and a couple of the other students who all had their hands rested on their hands and their eyes blinking rapidly for sleep from the heaviness they felt from the feast, the two boys, Harry and Ron, entered into the common room with a red-faced Hermione following behind them. Shouts and cheers erupted around them. The Gryffindors were all trying to grab onto Harry and Ron to drag them into the room which made Hermione scramble in after them.

"Brilliant! Inspired! What an entrance! Flying a car right into the Whomping Willow, people'll be talking about that one for years!"

"Good on you."

"Why couldn't you've called us back, eh?"

Kit elbowed her way through towards the front of the large crowd that formed around the boys. "Are you two really that stupid? Well, I know you guys always do stupid stuff. But flying a car! I mean that sounds awesome, like invite me next time guys but still, very, very stupid."

Kit continued to ramble on but Ron didn't notice, instead, his eyes were directed behind Kit towards a very pissed off brother who was trying to ram his way through the crowd, his prefect badge reflecting off the light in the room.

"Yeah, yeah next time. Um... got to get upstairs - a bit tired," he said, then both him and Harry headed off towards the door on the other side of the room which led to the upstairs dormitories.

"Night," Harry called back to Hermione, who was standing behind of Kit and next to Percy Weasley. A scowl is worn on both of their faces.

After the two "celebrities" left the room, everyone started to head off to bed. The second-year boys ran off first and soon the common room went silent with the faint sound of fire crackling in the fireplace. Kit was upstairs in the second year girl's dormitories setting up her bed. Most of the girls were in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Hermione was already fast asleep with her nightstand candle off. Kit sits down on her bed and picks up her copy of Quidditch Through the Ages that was placed next to her. She opens the book to a random page in the middle but something sticking out from the inside of the back of the book caught her attention.

Kit pulls it out to reveal a moving picture of her family. Her parents found out that the wizarding world has moving pictures after Ivrin brought home a camera that a friend of his gave to him for his birthday fourth year and taught him how to make the pictures move using a special potion. The picture has Kit and Ivrin placed in the front of their parents smiling at the camera with their arms over each other's shoulders. Their parents were laughing in the back because of a joke Henry Meverlane had made seconds before the picture was taken.