Chapter 21

Sonic's POV

I woke up the next day to a nice smell. I looked around me in search for Shadow, but didn't find him anywhere. So i guessed that he was the culprit of the nice smell. I yawned and stretched. I sighed and smiled with closed eyes after stretching myself. I opened them again and got up from the bed. I walked out of bedroom and into the bathroom to get dressed. I walked into the kitchen and saw Shadow busy with our breakfast. "good morning." I said and stood next to him. "good morning. i'm sorry, but i can't properly greet you. your breakfast is almost ready and if i turn away from it then it might burn." Shadow said. "that's okay." I said and laid my hands on Shadow's hips and laid my head on his shoulder. "there, i'm satisfied." I said. I could feel Shadow turn his head and glance at me.

"when are we going to tell your friends?" Shadow asked when we were eating our breakfast. Well, when i was eating my breakfast. Shadow had already finished his before i had even began eating mine. "hmmm, i don't know. maybe next week when we see them?" I suggested, but the hedgehog in fornt of me shook his head. "no, we can't do it next week." He said. "why not?" I asked. "because, i'm not three months far yet next week. before i'm three months then there is a bigger chance the baby will die then it will after i passed those three months." Shadow explained. I hummed in understanding. "that makes sense." I said and finished my breakfast.

"so, how far are you anyway?" I asked and watched Shadow, who was sitting next to me, with his hands on his lower belly and looking at it. "about a month." Shadow said and looked up to me. "i see." I said and looked at his belly. "i'm going to take a shower." He said and got up from the couch and walked into the bathroom, which was connected to the bedroom.

A few weeks passed now. Shadow was now about three months far. He was sitting on a chair in the kitchen with his arms crossed and an angry look on his face. He was upset over a small argument we had. The argument being about the fact that i couldn't wait to tell my friends and the fact that Shadow wanted to wait till it was to late apperently. The argument got a bit heated and Shadow walked into the kitchen to mope by himself when i had said "when are you gonna tell them? when your water breaks?"

"Shadow, you can come out of the kitchen now." I said and stood in the doorway of the said room. Shadow plainly ignored me. "oh come on. it won't be that bad." I said and went to my knees next to his chair and looked up to him. "as if! Amy will be pissed as hell. and you know what happens if she get's that upset." He said and laid a hand on his lower belly that had a little bump now. I sighed as i realized that he had made a crucial point. "i promise that Amy won't hurt you and the baby with that big ass hammer of hers." I said."you better promise." Shadow said and got up from the chair he had been sitting on and took his jacket. "i promise." I said and grabbed my jacket as well. I opened the front door of my house and stepped aside to let Shadow pass me and walk outside and closed the door behind me.