Chapter 2

After Satomi Rio tended Shino's wounds, he dressed him in night clothes and placed him in bed. Shino was finally sleeping peacefully. Sosuke crawled into Shino's bed; he wanted him to stay close to him tonight.

As the sun rose, so did the elder boy. He shifted from his dog form to his human form and got dressed.
"So?" Shino asked, still half asleep. "Go back to sleep Shi, it's still early, I'm just going for a walk." Sosuke replied.

He yawned and laid back down. "Kay." He fell back to sleep almost immediately.

He didn't want to leave him but he needed some fresh air. He only managed to get a couple hours sleep last night. To his surprise, Rio was also up.

"They were after me." Sosuke muttered.

"No," Rio said simply, "they were after Ao."

Shino gathered all the energy he had to drag himself out of bed. He once again tried to call Murusame but nothing happened. Something was seriously wrong. He changed into his usual shorts and T-Shirt and decided to just stay bare foot. The floor was cold underneath his feet. He shuddered at the sudden memories that came back to him. His ribs were aching and his chest was throbbing.

Shino searched each and every room but he couldn't figure out where the two older boys had gotten to.
"Rio?" He called but got no answer.

Rio heard his name being called; the only person who it could have been was Shino. A wave of relief fled through him when his small body appeared in the door way. He most defiantly looked better than last night.

"Shino, you should be resting, you haven't healed yet. We still don't know what's going on with Murusame." Sosuke pointed to the couch.

Shino did as he was told and sat on the couch. "I know but I got bored."

Rio sighed. "You seem to be bored a lot lately. Do me a favour and don't wander off again. Those men could have killed you!"

Shino's eyes began to water. "I-I'm sorry."

Rio pulled him into a hug, wary of his injured chest. "I know you are. You scared us a lot Shi. We're just worried."

Sosuke stood up and patted Shino's head. "Would you like some hot chocolate?"
"Yep!" Shino jumped up, instantly regretting it as he fell back in pain.

It took Rio a minute to decide if he should laugh or help the poor boy. He decided on help him up. "Are you okay?" Sosuke's face dropped.

"Just peachy." Shino replied bluntly, causing Sosuke to go into a fit of laughter as he went to make hot chocolate.

Shino had to admit, it was pretty funny.