Preview

She was standing over the newly dead body, smiling to herself. She quickly tried to hide her smile. If anyone caught her smiling at a dead body they would think either one of two things: 1) She killed the person and was admiring her handy work, or 2) Dead bodies were her kink. Neither were true. She was just happy she had a new case, now she didn't have to go to lunch with her family.

"Whoever killed this person was smart, and God I love taking the smart criminals down," she said loud enough the rest of the FBI agents could hear her and know she would be taking this case.

She walked away from the body to look around the room for clues as people filed out and the room became less crowded. She grabbed the earbuds of her wireless headphones around her neck and put them in her ears, turning her “Focusing” playlist on, and blockin out the dumb humans around her.

She could tell that person who bought this small apartment was not using it to live in just from the look of it. It was clean  and it had no personal items in it, alongwith the fact that nothing have been moved since the apartment was first bought 10 months ago. There were cockroaches all over in the apartment, so much so that you would think that they were the owners of this abysmal old apartment. The killer must have been planning on just using this apartment soley for dumping the murder victim's body.

The murder itself was a clean, at least that’s what she suspected, although her coworkers would tell you that it was obviously sloppy. In fact, they have a name and fingerprints all over the apartment. At times like this, she wished that her coworkers were as smart as her because she could already tell that the fingerprints that are the victims, not the killers. Also she could tell them name was going to be an alias.

She saw all she needed to see to know that she was going to have fun busting whoever did this.

///

Hours later she was at home with her girlfriend, Kelsey Trinity Anderson, who worked at the CIA. She had long blonde hair, tan skin, and the body of a Greek goddess.

“Veronica… Veronica!” Kelsey Called, trying to Veronica to get out of her own world.

“Huh?” Veronica answered.