TVP | 2

Welll, since you guys reached the early littke goal thing, here is chapter two. Expect another update next friday, or I might jus give you guys an early update goal, depending on the response these two chaptrs get.

For now, I must go do my hair and make-up. My boyfriend, me, my boss, and her son are all going to a football game for her other boys and I musn't look like a troll in front of my man D:

TVP | 

Keir generally didn't interfere with the lives of others, especially people like the grungy girl hiding in the ally. He didn't have time, and his father would never approve, and if he were honest with himself, they made him weary. The dirt, the smell, the thievery. A person with nothing left to lose would gladly turn on a helping hand and take everything they could.

Yet the girl...there was something different about her. Something that he wanted. Craved. The part of him that he kept hidden from the world with a tight leash had started to come lose in her presence, and he wanted to know why. In his whole entire life, he had never felt the need to care for another.

He was cold. He felt nothing. He was growing into the blood of his ancestors every day, and he reveled in it. Loved it. Craved it, every time the full moon shown, every time he was sent to battle. He was fated to be alone yet powerful, so why did he feel drawn to the girl in the ally? Was she a part of the Order as well? Was she a creature with the power to entrance?

Even through her disgusting appearance, he could see her potential. Maybe that was what called him to her. The tease of her full beauty. The looks she tried to hide behind a mask of nature.

He would find out. Keir did not like mysteries. He liked to get to the point of them, to rip them to shreds until he had seen and felt every nuisance of their being. The girl? She was now a target of his. A hunt. A perfect, beguiling hunt. His smile was blood thirsty when he approached the land he'd told her to meet him at.

It was his own secluded land, where he could roam when his urges were too strong to deny. He hunted here, killed here. It was only fitting that he would bring his new query here as well. Keir tightened his grip on the sack that was slung over his shoulder when she straightened at his approach.

She was in the center of the field. Resting against the tree in the darkness of night, her pale blonde hair couldn't be hidden by the mud, leaves, and twigs. The moon caught and held the paleness, creating a glow around her face that gave him chills.

It was hard to keep himself walking at a steady pace. He wanted to storm over there, to be in her presence sooner rather than later. But no, he had to stay calm, stay rationale. He would get her to speak and would find out what about her was so intriguing.

When he was closer, she stood to her feet gingerly. Gods, but she was frail. Frail to the point of being a bag of bones. How had she managed to stay alive so long without food? Shelter? Warmth? It seemed impossible, yet here she was.

He tossed the bag on the ground in front of her. The contents spilled open, and her eyes shot wide with surprise—and hunger. The hunger in her eyes was something he had never seen on someone's face before. It was intense, painful. She was feeling pain at the sight of the food that she hadn't taken a single step forward.

When she made no more toward it, he frowned. Why was she not lunging for it like a fish starved of water? He reached for her hand and knelt, tugging her to the ground beside him. He told himself that this concern was only for the sake of his hunt. If she was so hungry she could not speak, he would never learn the truth of her.

And there was something she was hiding from him. With her hand in his, and her body so close to his, he felt the same thing he had in the ally. A fission. A difference. Something about her was off.