☣ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘 ☣

▌𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲 ▌
Something dark stirred in the wind, sending chills up my spine. Death lingered at every corner, and the thrill of never knowing when my time was up definitely kept me on my toes. Isolation sometimes made me feel as though I was going insane ... slowly, but surely. I would sometimes hear whispers in the howling wind, and I would feel hands running down my back. My skin would prickle, and my eyelids would start to twitch. I could never explain it.

     "What's going on ...?" is a question I seemed to ask myself a lot. "I know you're scared bud, but we're going to survive ... we have to."

Although the sun still rised and set, the wind remained gentle and cool, the waves of the ocean still rised and fell, the flowers still bloomed and the fruit still blossomed ... I've never seen the world look more dead then what it does now.

Nothing's safe anymore, it seemed as though every step I took had an 80% chance of being my last. It might've been a high chance, but it'll take more than that to make me back out or give up. Giving up was never in my nature, and I'm proud to blame that on my zodiac. I'm a Leo, and Leo's are natural born leaders, we don't give in, we don't give up, and we don't surrender ... no matter what form of hell we find ourselves experiencing, we keep fighting. We're like the lion; brave, as fearless as possible, powerful, and we don't back down. Unlike lions, and most other Leo's, I'm hardly lazy ... which is another reason as to how I survived the first year of the apocalypse.

It was early in the morning when I woke, for some reason I didn't exactly feel ... comfortable. I'd slept in a tree, because zombies are too stupid to climb. Trees aren't comfortable, but that's not what was causing my discomfort. After a while, your body adjusts to sleeping in trees, and you eventually get used to it. I will admit, half of my body is usually numb in the mornings, and I don't know how I get around sometimes, but I manage. I have to.

I gazed down and spotted about three zombies standing below the tree, staring up at me, which explained this discomfort. It's a fact, that even while you're sleeping, your body can always tell when you're being watched. I blinked a few times to try and wake myself up some more, then turned my head and reached over to the next branch to grab a weapon. The first thing I grabbed onto was my beloved sniper rifle. I pulled it down and looked back at the zombies, sighing, as if disappointed.

     "Would you three mind backing up a few yards?" I threw my arm out lazily and pointed out into the distance. "Sniper rifles are for shooting things at far distances. You morons are too close, I'll just end up wasting bullets."

They grunted loudly, but didn't budge. Then again, who could blame them? Zombies are retarded. I mean, I love them and all ... but they're still dumb. I sighed and dropped my hands into my lap, rolling my eyes and shaking my head, as if I thought they were actually going to understand what I was asking them to do. Zombies only cared about two things; brains and feeding time. No, they're not the same thing.

     "Of course not. You have to be dicks about everything, don't you ...?" It was more of a statement than a question, or perhaps even a rhetorical question - not that they can answer me anyway, but still.

I sat up and prepared to jump down from the tree. Every move I made caused the zombies to flinch and make a new strange sound, as if they were expecting me to just hand myself over to them without a fight. See what I mean? Idiots. I grabbed my old black schoolbag and put that on first, then strapped my gun belt to my left thigh, only then remembering that I had a fully loaded magnum revolver that I could use instead of using my rifle. I then hung the sniper rifle over my shoulder, while nearly falling out of the tree about fifty times. That was such a difficult sentence. Eh. I cleared my throat and looked down at the three zombies who had started to reach up, thinking they could grab a hold of my dangling feet. I scoffed and watched on in amusement for about five minutes before getting bored and retrieving the magnum from my black leather gun belt.