Una

Growing up in a household where you are the first born is quite amusing and scary. You get everyones attention. You are everyones favorite until a new baby will come. Then you become the boss among your siblings. Its amusing how heavy your shoulder becomes because your the first born.

You get all the resposibilities. You should be this. You should be that. Set a good example. Watch out for your siblings. Your not allowed to fail, may pag aaralin ka pang kapatid. You have to do good in everything.

Growing up like this is exhausting. At first you do your best, until you reach a point where you just tolerate it. Magpanggap kang kaya mo pa. Magpanggap kang magaling, cause you are not allowed to fail. Kayanin mo, kasi panganay ka.

When you are the first born, you dont have much of a choice. You have to achieve your parents dream, kasi nauna ka. Growing up, i never really dreamed becoming a doctor. Although looking back, i never really thought about what i want to become, kasi pakiramdam ko wala akong choice, that i will always have to do the things my parents wants me to do. I have to become what they want me to be. And that is being a doctor.

Now that im almost done, and at the last step of becoming one, i cant help to think of all my could have been.