home to you » vrene

« home, bts »

Work is tiring, and home is too far
away for her liking. All Irene wants is
to be in Taehyung's arms again.

VR ° modern!au
word count: 1.6k

-

From your own experience, you can confirm that being a successful businesswoman comes with its perks.

For example, for someone like you, you earn a lot of money. Like, a lot of money. (You're the CEO of South Korea's leading and most renown fashion agency, after all, so it's only expected that you're living a life of prosperity.)

Now, that's a totally wonderful thing and all, but over the years following up to your success, and through your many years of being together with him, you've realised that perhaps these perks which come with your job aren't nearly enough to make up for the single fatal drawback:

The inevitable, though beneficial, pain-in-the-backside business trips.

See, business trips don't sound all that bad, right? To most people, most probably not.

But to you, they're the absolute worst, because business trips mean leaving home, and leaving home means leaving him, and leaving him means leaving Kim Taehyung, the man who owns your heart.

Goodness, you really do hate business trips with a passion.

(But they're sort of what brings you the dough, so you go on them anyway.)

-

You're sat comfortably in the plane seat (a first-class seat, of course), snuggled under the warmth of your yellow Duckie blanket, head rested on the window and literally just nanoseconds away from dozing off, when your body jolts up from an abrupt thought of a certain someone.

Shit. How did you even forget?

Two weeks ago, just before you had flown left to New York City for a conference, Taehyung had promised to paint a giant cabbage on the bare wall of your newly-renovated home office.

A. Giant. Freaking. Cabbage.

Why a cabbage specifically? You have no idea whatsoever.

Actually, on second thought, it's probably to do with your nickname — Baechu.

You roll your eyes at the thought.

It doesn't just end there, though — no, he had also promised to cook you a welcome home dinner, which, again, doesn't sound bad at all, right?

Wrong!

It's totally bad, because he'd promised to prepare you a full-course dinner starring chicken, your mortal enemy when it comes to food.

The thought of these so-called promises sends shivers down your spine, because all you had done two weeks ago was laugh and kiss him, idiotically thinking that he was just joking like usual.

But now that you're reconsidering it, and knowing Kim Taehyung, there is a dangerously high possibility that he will commit to those promises.