Chapter 1

Walking down this hall of grey and black stone, built day after day with slaves bare hands. This past week has been so tedious that even sitting in the court was more entertaining than this. I wanted to train, get my mind to stop sleeping, I remember that Luke trains with butch at this point. I turned the corner and heard steel clashing on steel, before i saw them.

Glistening with sweat they where attacking and defending the whole time. Verbally as well by the sound of it. "Luke you are lagging, this is what happens when you take three weeks off you bozo." The trainer was quite agitated today.

"Well I am sorry Butch that you broke your arm and didn't allow me to train with anyone else. At least i kept my abs." Luke lifted his already soaking shirt and showed him his eight pack.

"You are insufferable Luke, why did you not just take my advice and train with me?" I butted in.

"Because you are slower than me Alex." Luke replied with such a grin it could not have been clearer that he wanted to fight me,

"Is that a challenge I smell or just your bad breath?"

"That my dear friends is where I run off before I get blamed for you two smashing another window." Butch's eyepatch twitched with the memory of the incident where my father ripped his eye straight out of the skull.

"It was one rock and I ment to hit his head," Luke pointed at me, "and plus we are part of the castle, what has one window got to do to change our running things here hey?"

"He has a good point," I agreed

He walked off with us left just glaring at each other. The blond streaks in his hair where bright now that the brown has been tinted by the sun. His blue eyes where dancing with excitement ready to lunge but I butted in and drowned that fire by saying "Luke we have more important things to do."

"Like what? I know that that dogs maid is still here let's go see if she is free tonight." Luke was always into that kind of thing but really bad at approaching girls so I was the man to get the action going.

"Luke we are now 18 you can't just lay on girls we have to check guys out too." I joked

"Are you gay? Do u see me as something different because if you do I do too." He was serious.

"No I'm not but you can peek at this," I waved at my body, "all you want you are not going to get it. It's limited edition and VIP only."

We had a laugh before we went back to the castle and into the dining hall. I was starving, I couldn't wait any longer for the food so I went to the kitchen. Luke following quietly by my side. He looked more solemn than usual. He had a talk with his father this morning and even the guards were afraid to tell me what happened. I'm afraid that I know what it already is. He looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. Sorrow I never saw before, seeing him like this is heart aching

"What happened Luke." I was so quiet i could barley hear myself say it.

" I am leaving brother and my father wants me to rule over his land." The tension in the room became too much I had to stop walking.

"Do you not want to?"

"Why would you ask such a question," I looked surprised at his tone. Even though we are friends i am the crown prince of Galathine, " I never wanted to have a title, I never do and never will."