17

I'm having serious writers block :/

Tw// panic attack
------------------------
//Mikey//
We went out to eat at some hole-in-the-wall restaurant, on the outermost part of town. It was small but nice; about ten tables in the entire place, cheap, but delicious. Afterward, we went back home. Claire went to bed, while I stayed at the kitchen table with the guys.

"Do you guys think you can help me out with something?" I ask.

"Yeah, what is it?" Andy replies.

"I've been planning to, um, propose. I don't have a ring yet, so I need to go get one. You think you could help me out?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course, man. How long have you been planning?" Tyler asks.

"A few weeks." I reply.

"Sorry this had to come up." David says.

"I understand, it's only for our safety." I say, looking towards the hallway that lead to the room that Claire was sleeping in.

"Well, what can we do to help?" Andy asks, folding his hands and rest them on the table.

"Well, I just want to do it out of nowhere, really. Probably sometime when we're on a date." I say as they all nod.

"I can take you to get a ring anytime. Just figure out when and where you want everything to be." Tyler says. I nod and smile.

"Thanks, guys. I'm really stressing about it, though." I say, looking down at my lap.

"Don't worry about it, you stuck with her after everything, so she'd be stupid not to say yes." Corey says, walking in the door. He had gone out to meet someone, but had apparently been eavesdropping.

"Well, since Claire is asleep, why don't we run and get a ring?" Tyler asked. I nod, standing up, as does Tyler.

Once we get to the store, I go to the glass counter, looking through all of the rings.

I just couldn't find one good enough for her.

"May I help you, sir?"

"Uh, yeah. I just want to look at rings and I have no idea what to do." I say, chuckling.

"Okay. Would you like me to show you to the engagement rings?" The lady asks. I nod my head and she leads us to a glass counter filled with rings. After about five minutes, I picked a gold ring with four small rhinestones lining the top of it.

"I really like this one. Uh, Tyler, come here." I motion for him to come over. He jogs over and looks at the ring laid on the counter.

"She'll love that." He says, grinning. He pats my back and walks back over to the wall he was leaning on, going back to scrolling on his phone.

"Okay, that'll be $5,350." I nod and swipe my card. I take the box and bid the lady goodbye.

Once we get home, I walk in to find that Claire is still asleep, fortunately. "Where do I hide this?" I ask quietly.

"Somewhere she'll never find." Andy says, shrugging. "Maybe in your bass case?" He suggests. I nod and run to hide it. I sneak into our room, carefully opening the closet, and sticking the box in his case.

After, I jogged back into the living room and sat on the couch, I let out a sigh. "That wasn't as stressful as I thought it'd be." I say, chuckling.

"Are you excited?" Corey asks.

"Yeah, of course. Just really nervous." I confess.

"Well, that's expected. Don't stress it too much, or it won't be as fun." He says.

"Okay." I say before continuing. "I'm just going to take her to dinner and propose. Easy." I say the last part quietly.

Soon enough, I became tired, and went to bed. But, of course, I couldn't go to sleep. My mind, racing a million miles per minute, wouldn't let me.

What if she says no, and just ditches you? What if she laughs at you? What if those guys who Daniel worked with find you? What would you do if they did? You wouldn't be able to fight them-

My breathing speeds up, as does my heart. I try getting up to get water, but I could barely move. I couldn't talk. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't do anything. I was shaking and gasping for air, until I eventually passed out.

When I woke up, everything was fine. I rolled out of bed, and walked into the kitchen to see Claire eating some cereal and scrolling through her phone. I grabbed some cereal and sat down.

"I know this is stressful for you. But, Andy said we won't be staying here as long as they were expecting. So we'll be out of here soon." She says.

"It's not too bad, actually. I do miss New Jersey. But it's not like we're never coming home." I reason.

"True." She says, finishing her food and bringing her bowl to the sink. "What are we doing today?" She asks.

"I don't know. Do you just want to lay around and watch lame movies?" I ask, smiling.

"That sounds like a plan." She says.

So that's what we did.