Into the Demigod World

•Chapter 2•The Children of Water•

Lily had never felt more at home. Most of the campers, Percy had explained, were at their afternoon activities which made navigation to their cabin easy. She knew right away which cabin was theirs. She spotted it from halfway down the hill. It had a very slowly sloping roof. The walls and roof were covered in gray rock and shells all over the walls. On the front of the building were double doors with a trident above it. On the mantle of the doors was written: "Cabin Three." Exhilaration pumped through her veins.

"Well this is home sweet home!" Percy said proceeding to the handles of the doors when they made it to the cabin. He opened them and they stepped inside. Immediately after she had stepped foot on the threshold of the cabin a blue green light washed over the whole structure in a flash of light. Lily stopped in her tracks and looked to Percy wondering if this was normal. He was looking around startled. This wasn't normal then. Lily looked around once more and stepped fully inside. The light then lessened to a soft glow that simmered around the outside of the structure.

"That was weird, oh well," Percy said.

"Great, weird things happen, and you just figure its fine?" Lily asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, you get used to the word stuff here. After all we have a love spewing rock climbing wall and Pegasus." Percy told her, Lily shook her head in amazement. Then he walked in and swept his hand out in a welcoming gesture at the room, "welcome to Cabin Three Daughter of Water!" He smiled. Lily smiled and closed the door behind her and looked around the room. The room was split in half. On the left side was three beds all empty and clean with white sheets and pillows. On the opposite side was another set of three beds but the middle one had rumpled sheets on the bed. On the wall that the head board was on were photos of Percy with Annabeth and Grover. Then there were pictures of Percy, Leo, a blonde guy with a scar by his mouth, a younger kid with dark black hair that was long enough to get into his eyes and blue black eyes, and a buff guy with a purple shirt on and-was that an grasshopper antenna coming out of his head? There were many other pictures and also a horn that hung on the wall too.

On the bed next to the middle one, which she assumed was Percy's, was the farthest from the door and was clean like the rest (except Percy's) but it also had pictures on the wall and little gadgets on the little night stand next to it.

"I thought we had no other siblings?" Lily asked curiously as she walked around examining things. In the middle of the room was a water fountain that glowed with a blue-green light.

"Well we have a half-brother, his name is Tyson and he stays her some times. But he is helping dad fix up the palace. He will be back this summer but for now it's just us." Lily nodded and kept looking at the three tiered fountain. It had pearls, rare shells, and even the shine of the thin fish scales that covered the fountain. Percy smiled at the fountain. "Yea, the last fountain dad made broke so he made a new one for us, and this one glows depending on who is in the cabin. So if it's just us then it's blue-green, but if it's Annabeth it would glow gray. That's Athena's color."

"That's awesome!" Lily said she wondered if someone like Chiron came in what colored it would turn. She looks at the walls and saw they were covered in big sheets of Abalone.