A Looming Battle

The morning after Jack's night spent with Nonna he woke up with a large smile on his face.

"She really is amazing..." he mused to himself as he got out of bed, finding it hard for him to stop thinking about her.

---Timeskip---

School for the most part was the same as every other day. Jack spent his time halfheartedly pay attention in class, his mind wandering to other matters entirely, and for reasons that he was coming to understand, he found himself looking forward more and more to his time doing Tankery.

"I wonder if she likes flowers..." Jack thought as he was shaken back to reality by an announcement over the school PA system.

"All student are to meet in the school auditorium during next period"

"Huh, I wonder what this is about..." Jack mused as the bell rang and he and everyone else headed for the auditorium.

Once they arrived they were split into two groups, girls were on one side of the room and boys were on the other. Jack wasn't sure what was going on but he was intrigued none the less.

As everyone stood waiting for a teacher to arrive Jack scanned the group of girls across from him, stopping when he saw a beautiful brunette standing beside a recognizably short blonde...

"She's as beautiful as ever~" he muttered to himself with a goofy smile on his face, finding that he was paying much more attention to her after their night out.

As jack continued to stare, he was surprised to see Nonna turn to face him. When her eyes met his a smile formed on her lips and she gave him a subtle wave with her hand, a gesture that Jack reciprocated.

Seeing this, Katyusha looked up at Nonna with a smirk, "You're so cute Nonna~"

"Uh... I..." Nonna stuttered out, embarrassed that Katyusha had seen what she'd done.

"Alright everyone listen up!" A teacher yelled as they entered the room. "You're all here today as this is the first day of practice for the winter dance which is coming up in a few weeks!"

"The winter Dance?" Jack thought as a confused expression covered his face.

"For now you'll practice as two groups, the boys and the girls. Getting a partner will be your prerogative. However, you will not practice with your partners before the dance as per Pravda school regulations"

Upon hearing this Jack did some quick thinking before a thought came into his mind, "Maybe I could go to the dance with her..."

"Anyway, from now on the boys will practice in the auditorium here and the girls will practice in the hall. So lets get moving ladies!"

 The teacher announced as the group of girls began to file out through the main doors of the auditorium.

---Anastasia POV---

As she began to walk towards the exit of the auditorium behind the large group of girls in front of her, Anastasia spotted Jack standing by himself across from her. When he turned towards her she waved wildly to get his attention, which was met by a small wave from Jack. 

Anastasia had already seen the dance as an opportunity to get close to Jack and show him that she was the only girl he needed...

---Nonna POV---

Nonna gave Jack another smile as she turned and began walking out, an action that was noticed by Katyusha. "So when are you going to ask him?"