|| chapter 7 ||

Clementine POV
I woke up and hit my alarm clock once again, and finally had enough motivation to get ready.

I walked over to my closet and rummaged through it and found what I needed; a simple blue hoodie, grey sweatpants and a pair of white converse. I quickly showered and got dressed.

I grabbed my hat on the way out, and went to check on Aj. I walked through the door and noticed Aj was in the same situation as the other day. I pulled the shirt over his head, making sure not to mess up his hair. "Alright Aj, Lee already went to work so Ill drive by and get you your breakfast, sound good?" I asked tilting my head to the side. Aj gave a small thumbs up and we walked down the stairs. I grabbed my keys before walking out the door, I put Aj in his car seat, hooked my phone up to the aux cord and drove off.

I drove by StarBucks and picked up my coffee, and drove to a McDonalds. "What do you want Goofball?" I asked looking in my rear view mirror. "Umm" he stuttered trying to decide, "I'll just have a simple sausage biscuit Clem" he said smiling. I placed Aj's order and picked it up, "Here Aj" I said handing him the bag. "Thanks Clem your the best" Aj said while giggling. My heart melted, sometimes Aj can be a challenge.. but in the end, it's all worth it.

I took Aj to his school, and gave him a goodbye kiss on the forehead and jumped back into my car. I drove to Ericsson, my anxiety was on a different level for some odd reason, I just sighed trying to brush it off but it was impossible.

I drove to the parking lot and tried to find a parking slot, eventually I found one fairly close to the door, thank the heavens. I walked inside and went straight to my locker, then someone jumped out and said, Boo!. I jumped nearly 10ft in the air, I scanned who it was and not to my surprise it was Louis. "Jeez Lou did you really have to do that" I said in an angry tone. He frowned, "No I'm sorry Lou, I'm just having one of those days" I said frowning. Louis's happiness then returned to his face, "Well we all have those days, sorry I scared you I just couldn't stop myself" he said grinning.

I looked to him and just smiled, words trying to spill out of my mouth, but unable to. Louis and I then trotted to first period, and took our seats. "Alright class, today is going to be a busy day, since we have a day off tomorrow, so get out your notebooks" Mr. Luke said. I grabbed my notebook from under my stash of papers, and opened it to an unused page.

Mr. Luke started displaying what was needed to be wrote down on the white board. I had my pencil in my mouth, chewing on it until we had to write something down. Soon enough it had reached the end of the day, I walked to my car getting ready to open the door, then someone tugged on my arm. I turned around and was greeted by Louis, I tilted my head slightly in confusion, he then handed me a 'Get well soon dad' card. I snorted looking at the card and then to Louis. I gave him a hug, "Thanks Lou." "No problem Clemster" he said smiling.

"Well I better go get Aj or he will be grumpy as hell" I said laughing. I waved goodbye to Louis, he did the same, I got into my car and drove to Aj's school. I picked him up a little later than usual, so he was pretty mad, so he didn't talk the whole time. I decided to not start up a conversation, knowing it would make him even angrier.

I entered the driveway of our house, I got Aj out of his car seat walked to the door. As I was about to walk through, I felt a pull on my arm once again. I turned around to see Louis, grinning from ear to ear. "What brings you here Lou" I said raising an eyebrow. "Well you said you were having a bad day, so why don't we go for a drive to take your mind off of things" he said blushing. "Alright, Alright" I said walking to his car, I texted Lee to let him know I was out. "Wait I forgot-," "This?" Louis said holding out Catcher. I grabbed the bunny from his hands, and squeezed it tight. "Thanks Lou" I said getting into his car. He buckled his seatbelt, as I did the same, and drove off. I noticed he went an unfamiliar route, but didn't say anything, instead, I decided to take a nap.

10 minutes later

I felt someone nudging me, I woke up and tightened my grip on Catcher. I sighed relief knowing it was Louis, "Nightmare?" he asked raising a brow, I only nodded holding the bunny.

Louis then stepped out of the car, I unbuckled my seatbelt, as I was about to grab the handle of the door, it swung open as Louis was holding the door. "Cmon Clemster" he said leaning against the door, I got out, bunny still in hand, and looked at where we were, a local diner that I always had dinner at on Fridays. "What are we doing?" I said turning to face Louis, "Well Vi always says how eating helps you feel better so" he said.

I just grinned knowing Louis wanted to help me made me feel better. "Can I pay?" I questioned, earning a glare from Louis, "No can do Clemster" he said holding the door open, "I'll get you back for this" I said elbowing him playfully, "Not if I stop you" he said smirking.

I rolled my eyes as we took our seats, a lady soon came to take our orders, "I'll just have simple macaroni" I said holding Catcher close to me. "I'll have a steak please" Louis said handing her the menus'. In about five minutes they brung out our food, I sighed setting down my phone. Louis noted my abnormal behavior, "What's wrong Clem" he said a frown forming on his face. "I just, miss my parents" I said looking down at Catcher. Louis finally took in what happened, Lee was mine and Aj's foster dad.

"Aw shit Clem I'm sorry" he said fiddling with his fingers, "But I'm sure, no wait positive, they are the proudest parents alive" he said giving a soft smile. I couldn't help myself from smiling too, "Guess your right" I said. I heard him mutter quietly, "Damn she's brave" my smile grew even wider, I just sat there smiling looking like an idiot, but I didn't care.

I looked to the bunny, we decided we should eat before the food cools. As Louis was eating his steak, he spilt the steak sauce on his fingers, I snorted at the sight of him trying to get it off his fingers. "I'll be right back" he said getting up and heading towards the bathrooms, I saw he left his wallet on his seat, I pulled a $20 bill out of my pocket, and placed it in his wallet.

I put it back where it was and waited for him to return. He came back laughing, "I think we should head home" he said still laughing. I nodded in agreement and we went home.

Louis POV
I kept smiling the whole way to her house, "Man she's gonna be the end of me" I said to myself. We pulled up to her driveway, I got out and opened the door for her, which she blushed to.

"Well I should be on my way, don't wanna worry my parents" I said waving. She waved back, "Thanks again Lou" she said smiling. I drove off, it was pretty late and I had an essay.

I went to the nearest coffee shop, and placed an order for a coffee. I pulled up to the window and handed the cashier the money, she handed me my change, just as I was about to put the money in I noticed a $20 bill, I didn't put into my wallet earlier. I pulled the dollar out which had a stick note attached, not wanting to mess up the bill, smart. The note read; I told you I would get you back ;) ~Clementine. I smiled.
God she's perfect

Heya! So I didn't post there is too much schoolwork for me to be able to post but I should be on my regular routine by tomorrow but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter it was really fun to write🧸💞