Chapter I

Chapter I

*Three years later*

"Bye dad!" I said to my dad as he made a phone call and he waved back.

"Bye my sweetheart. I'll call you later, okay?" I said then gave my beautiful daughter, Natalie, a kiss.

"Yeah!" She jumped.

"I love you." I said as I hugged her.

"Wove you too!" She mumbled.

I swung my bag on my shoulder and then walked to my car. When I got in I threw my bag to the back and called up my best friend, Ashley.

Although we're both named Ashley, we are complete opposites. She's outgoing and wild while I'm more reserved and cautious, but we balance each other out.

I turned on the engine and then put my phone on speaker. It rang twice before she answered.

"Hey baby girl, are you ready?" I asked as I pulled out of my drive way.

"I need like fifteen more minutes, I woke up late." She explained.

"Okay. I'll get Starbucks first then. Pumpkin spice latte?" I asked her.

"Yes please. Make sure they put extra whip cream."

"Alrighty. Hurry up though, I'll probably be quick."

"Okie dokie."

I hung up and headed to Starbucks. The drive-thru line was ridiculously long so I just got down instead. Of course there were only three people inside, but they already had their coffee. While I waited for our drinks I scrolled down my dash on tumblr. There were so many gifs of Orange is the New Black.

I still needed to catch up on the last few episodes before I watched the new season.

"Two pumpkin spice lattes, one extra whip for Ashley." I heard and saw the cute barista say. I walked over and grabbed the drinks. "Have a nice day." He smiled.

"Thank you. You too." I smiled back.

When I got to Ashley's house I didn't bother waiting in the car. She would take at least ten more minutes, so I decided to go in. I had a key to her house so I didn't care to ring the doorbell.

"Oh good morning Ashley." Her mom, Claudia, greeted me.

"Morning Claudia!" I chimed smiling.

"Aren't you in a happy mood." She noted.

I sat down at the breakfast bar as she sipped her tea standing behind the counter.

"Yeah I don't know why but I woke up so refreshed and energetic today." I explained.

"Well that's good. How's Natty?" She asked.

"She's doing great. She's grown so quickly. I swear it's like an inch every day." I exclaimed.

"Well that's usually how it is. Before you know it they're starting school and then you never see them."

"Yeah that's why I cherish all the moments I have with her and take an endless amount of pictures." I said.

I heard foot steps coming down the stairs and Ashley was finally done. I got up and handed her, her latte. "Hey girl, bye mom!" She yelled as we left.

"Bye girls, have a good day." She yelled back.

We entered the school and since we still had ten minutes before the first bell rang we headed to the cafeteria.

"Oh my god, did you hear what happened to Jessica?" Erica asked as soon as we sat down at our table.

"No, what happened?" Ash asked.