Chapter 2: The Casino

Nagito was walking to the casino. He was pretty excited for this moment, he could finally hang out with Rantaro and his friends. He just... Hoped he wouldn't slip up. He arrived at the casino, no one was there. Except for Rantaro. Rantaro didn't notice Nagito, so he just stared.
"H-Haah..."
"Oh, Hey Nagito."
Nagito jumped, "H- Hey.."
"I know you're staring. I can't stop you if you see something you like~" Rantaro chuckled. Nagito turned red and looked away quickly. He admired how confident and forward the green-haired boy actually was. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Rantaro smiled. "Wanna play a match of air-hockey?"
"Sure." Nagito nodded.

The game was on. The two played air hockey, laughing and joking, waiting for the others. Nagito tripped, almost smacking his head on the hockey table. Luckily Rantaro caught him by the waist. Jeez guys, cliché much?
"S-Sorry I tripped... I just-"
Rantaro kissed him. Nagito obviously kissed back, even if he was shocked. Holy shit. Rantaro freaking Amami is kissing me. "Oop- Sorry."
The two separated. Chiaki, Hiyoko, Tenko and Himiko walked in.
"Uh... What's this weird tension?" Tenko asked in confusion.
"Eh, whatever. Let's just play some games!" Hiyoko said excitedly.

After two to three hours of gaming, everyone returned to their rooms. Nagito was still confused, wondering why Rantaro kissed him. Ahah... Does Rantaro actually like him back? Nagito questioned the kiss until he fell asleep.

The next morning, Nagito woke up to the sound of mass panic. He walked out and to the dining hall. He found Tenko and Rantaro, screaming at the sight of Himiko's body. Nagito was in shock. For some reason... He didn't even care about Tenko crying. The sight of Rantaro crying crushed his soul. He ran over to Rantaro and gave him a hug, Rantaro returning it. Everyone else entered, comforting Tenko and investigating. Himiko's body was stabbed on the dining room table. Someone was actually murdered, the same night Nagito got kissed.

Nagito walked Rantaro back to his room. Rantaro sat on the bed, looking at the floor.
"Rantaro... It's okay.. She would have wanted you to solve who killed her."
Rantaro rubbed his eyes and sniffled. "Thanks.. Really..."
Nagito hugged Rantaro tightly. The two stayed like that for a couple of minutes.
Rantaro broke the hug and gave Nagito a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks again, Komaeda. I'll go solve it, for Himiko's sake." Rantaro walked off, leaving Nagito in his room and in shock. He did it again. I'm.. Sure it doesn't mean anything, right? He was just thanking me.. Who am I kidding? I hope it means something. I'm in love with him. Why can't he just love me already?