"Cancer"

"She has lung cancer," he says, looking at me.

"How did she get it," grandpa asks.

"Second hand smoke," he says looking at my grandparents, they look at me.

"What is she going to need?"

"Rest, oxygen, and medicine," he says trying to smile, "And we need to watch her for a while." he says then stands and walks out the door.

I roll over to face the window and curl up into a ball, tears streaming down my face.

"Let's go get her some clothes from home," grandma says, she put her hand on my shoulder, "It's going to be all right, we're going to run home and get you some clothes."

They left, and I was alone in the hospital room, I sit up wiping the tears from my face I drug the hose with me, I walk to the window looking out at the world, there was another knock on the door.

"Come in," Noah opened the door and sat on the floor again, "I'm sorry I can't get the door with this on," I say gesturing to the hose.

"I get that," he says smiling, "Have you been crying?" he asks.

"Yes," I say wiping my face again.

"Why?"

"I have Lung cancer," I say feeling a tear drop roll down my face.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he says.

"It's not your fault," I say.

He smiles, "So what do you like to do?"

"I like sitting on rooftops watching the stars or reading books."

"What is you favorite book?"

"Shouldn't I be asking some of these questions."

"No," he says, "So what is your favorite book?"

I sit on the floor were the hose can reach about three feet from the door, "The Fault in our Stars and Five Feet Apart."

"What, are they about?"

"Kids with cancer and CF," I say looking at him with a half smile.

"I have a policy of not reading about my disease, from a fiction book," he says almost laughing, "I will read them so we have something to talk about," he says brushed his blond hair behind his ear.

I pulled out my phone selected granny in the text message, "Can you grab the two books of my desk,"

it sent, I turn back to him. "So what do you like to do?" I ask.

He looked at me and shook his head, "I thought I was asking the questions?"

"Not any more."

"Listening to music, anything to get me out of here," he says.

"You can't go outside?"

"Technically I can, I just wont come back, they're getting to smart, Amber is the all ways watching me, I can't go anywhere with out her knowing."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I know I just felt bad," I say looking beyond him, there was Amber stomping toward us, "Amber is headed this way," I whispered.

He squinted because he knew, she was right behind him, "Hello," he says as he tips his head back.

"What did I tell you about this?" amber says.

"Don't get to close to people," he says slumping forward."

"Go to your room."

"Fine," he says cutting her off, he gets up and goes back to his room slamming the door.

"I'm sorry about that," she says as I stand up, "He's not supposed to be around people," she says checking the computer.

"Why?"

"This is the CF floor if he travels around, he can give the other kids on the floor sicker than they already are," she says now looking at me, "And I didn't know you didn't have CF, so I have to go say sorry to him, have a goodnight," she says then walks out the room.

My grandparents came back with my clothes and books (every thing I own smells like smoke) they left, and I was alone again.

No one came to see me again that night.