First Sight

Chapter One

T H E A

I sigh in relief as I remove my black stiletto heels before sliding my feet into my red fuzzy slides.  I place my things into my red adidas duffle bag before pulling on my long black trench coat and buttoning it up.

"You did good, Persuasion," Hennessy compliments me as she walks inside the dressing room with Chardonnay.

"Thank you," I reply with a small smile.

"I mean.. she did okay," Chardonnay says with a dismissive shrug, "I could've done better."

"That's exactly why you were chosen to be on that stage instead of me," I respond sarcastically and she turns her attention towards me.

"Bitch, what?"  She questions while moving towards me.

"You can't hear now?  I've been here for not even five months and you've been hating on me and my progress.  It must be because you've been here for three years and sucking Nasir's dick and still can't get his full attention."

"You're only getting stage time because Nasir wants you, but once he gets you you'll be looking for a new job.  You'll never take my stage, bitch."

"The difference between you and I is that I'll never mix business with pleasure.  I've never had to compete with, hate, or fuck on someone to get to where I am.  Instead of worrying about my routine, worry about bettering your performances to get more time on that stage you speak of," I respond before grabbing my bag and exiting the dressing room.

"I should drag that bitch," I hear Chardonnay say as the door closes behind me and I can't help but laugh.

I usually don't allow myself to get like that, but I don't like people taking my kindness for a weakness.  I've been ignoring Chardonnay's sly comments since I've gotten here, so I wasn't going to let it become a habit for her. 

"Suasion," Nasir's deep voice calls out to me as I pass his office and I walk back, peeking my head inside the room.

"Yes?"

"You did good tonight," he says without looking up from his phone.

"Thank you," I answer with a smile.  Nasir is undeniably fine with his smooth chocolate skin, but he's not my type and I really don't mix business with pleasure.  It's no secret that he wants me, but he respects my decision to not cross the line and keep things professional.

"Here," he slides a wad of cash across his desk and I walk further into his office, taking the money.

"What's this for?"  I ask him, looking at it.

"This nigga I'm cool with was here and liked your performance.  He knows you don't get as much tips, because you can't do private dances, so he left this for you."

"Wow," I can't help but smile, "he must got money to be leaving this much of a tip."

"Yeah," Nasir nods, finally looking up from his phone.

"When you gone let me take you out?"  He questions and I give him a blank stare, causing him to laugh quietly and throw his hands up in surrender.  I place the money into my bag.