Part 1

Violet paced around in front of the main gate anxiously, watching from a distance as everyone struggled to settle back in, all of the other kids still shaken and exhausted from the night's occurrences. She, however, was restless, refusing to let herself relax for a single moment until she knew that Clementine and AJ were safe, back home with the rest of the ragtag, dysfunctional group they called a family.

It had been nearly half an hour since the blonde left them to fend for themselves against the horde of walkers that surrounded them on the bridge, Clem unable to climb the fence that separated them and AJ unwilling to part from the older girl. Part of her wished that she'd stayed, helped protect them, but she knew she couldn't just let herself be devoured by walkers trying to save the girl she cared so deeply about.

"Anything yet?" she asked, looking up at Willy who was keeping watch from the lookout tower.

"For the last time no!" he snapped, groaning as he once again turns his attention to the forest surrounding the school, "now shut up and let me keep an eye out for them!".

The blonde couldn't exactly blame him for getting upset, she had been harassing him for the better part of the said half hour, hoping, praying that he'd caught sight of their friends somewhere in the tree line, but the whole area had been eerily silent ever since the explosion on the boat. The noise itself must have caught the attention of every walker for miles, drawing them all towards the source. But that still didn't ease her worries in the slightest.

"Fuck..." Violet muttered, balling her hands into fists as she tried to fight off a wave of anger that slowly overtook her, "I should have stayed with them... there were so many walkers, and with Clem's leg all fucked up like that... fuck. Fuck!".

She'd already lost Minnie, and Sophie, Tenn, Brody, Mitch, and so many others... there was no way in hell she was going to lose Clementine too.

No way in hell.

"If something happened to them... if they're hurt because of me, because I wasn't there for them-" she said, placing a tentative hand on one of the cement pillars supporting the gate, shutting her eyes tightly as she forced herself not to think about what might have become of her friends. But it was an impossible feat and Violet couldn't stop herself from acting out on her emotions, pure rage and self-loathing fueling her actions. She balled up her fists once more and reeled back, punching the cement pillar with all her might, yelling out in anguish as she did so.

If Clem and AJ were dead because of her... there was no way she'd be able to live with herself.

"ARRHG, Fuck! Fuck!" she yelled again, tears now streaming down her face. Of course, everyone noticed her cry out in pain, all of them rushing up to her in worry and confusion as she continued her assault on the pillar, a smear of blood now forming on the cement. "Goddamit!".

"Vi!".

"Violet!".

"Hey, somebody stop her!".

Violet didn't want anyone to stop her, the pain was a welcomed distraction from the thoughts swarming around in her head even if she knew it wasn't a good way to handle her emotions. It just gave more insight as to why she was so cold and distant with her feelings, and why she ended up at Ericson in the first place (aside from the obvious).

She continued to yell, thrashing around when somebody grabbed her from behind, strong arms pulling her away from the gate and into the safe confines of the inner courtyard. "Get off me! Get the fuck off me, leave me alone!!" she continued.

"Violet, calm down!" Ruby said, doing her best to sound comforting but to no avail, "We know you're worried about Clementine but-".

No. No one got to tell her how she felt, no one got to pretend that they understood what she was going through. They didn't know... they didn't understand. "Shut up!" Violet yelled, "shut the fuck up! You have no idea what's going on... my girlfriend is out there, she's hurt and alone with AJ and it's all my fault!".