Chapter 1

"Grey, get back here!" I screech at my older brother.

"Not a chance, Psycho! Come and get it!" He screams back at me as I chase him down the corridor. He had taken the tiara I was supposed to wear to tonight's banquet. He was the typical annoying older brother. The one that teases you and takes your things and picks you up and throws you around. Yeah that sounds like Grey.

As I chased him down the hallway, I looked to one of the guards for help.

"Hey Scott can you help me out?" I basically commanded him. He smiled at me and said-

"Sure thing, princess." I watched as Scott took off, leaving his post to help me catch my brother and force him to give me back my tiara. I grinned then started to run after him.

I found them both on the floor. Scott on top of Grey. Grey was trying to wriggle out of Scott's grip, but there was no way he would get out of it. Scott was one of the strongest guards we had. He had been with the Royal Guard since before my eldest sister was born and she was 22. He was taken in when he came to the palace looking for work to look after his family. Now, he loved working in the palace, even though he has enough money to last him and his daughter and son until they both die, he didn't want to leave. He was one of my father's most trusted advisers.

After retrieving the tiara from the not-so-firm grasp of my brother, Scott handed me the tiara, bowed to the both of us, smiled and left. I looked to where Grey was sitting with a small smirk on my face.

"You cheated, Emberleigh." He mumbled, then stood up and left to go mope in his room probably. I turned and started back towards my room with a small, accomplished smile on my face. I had managed to outwit my brother for once.

~~~~~~~~~

Looking in the mirror while the maid was doing my hair, I studied myself. My golden blonde hair and bright cobalt blue eyes coated with hairspray and makeup. The skin that was covered in base, was a tanish white and the fingernails were a dark tan to blend in with the light blue flowered ball gown. On top of my head sat a sparkling, diamond-crusted tiara, the one Grey had stolen.

Tonight was a very special night. It was my 15th birthday. Both my sisters were coming home, and the entire kingdom was coming to the party. Tonight was my night, and I wasn't about to let anyone spoil the party I had been dreaming of since my eldest sister, Audriana, turned 15. This party was the biggest of the century. People from all over the country and royalty from all over the world were coming, including my best friends, Amber and Kimberly. I hadn't seen them since the last day of school.

Today was March 2 of 2029, otherwise known as my birthday. It was safe to say I was just a little bit excited.

My maid, Angel, was finally finished doing my hair and makeup. I stood up and did a little twirl in front of the mirror. All you could hear was a loud squeal as I ran up to Angel and danced around with her and thanked her multiple times. She laughed and looked at me with a motherly look in her warm brown eyes.

She was only 18, but the had a little boy named Seth. He's only a year old, but already babbling and wobbling around the palace. He was the most adorable thing I have ever seen, and the little brother I always wanted.

"Alright, girly. The ball starts in an hour and you need to be down there to make sure everything is perfect for your party."

"Okay. Thanks Angel!" I yelled back at her as I ran down the corridor.

I dashed as fast as I could in the giant gown and heels I was wearing.

"Mother! I'm ready!" I shouted, trying to find her.

"Oh! Let me see you baby." She said as she rushed out of the ballroom. "Honey you look so beautiful! Ugh, I can't wait for the whole kingdom to see you. You're going to have no problem finding a husband later on in life."

"Mum....really." I said in disbelief.

"Yes really! You are probably one of the prettiest royals I've ever seen." She smiles at me then said, "I have to go finish getting everything ready. You'll love it, I promise. Go ahead to the doors. People are arriving."

I nodded and briskly walked over to the announcement doors. That was where I'd be making my 'grand entrance'. There was one thing I was sure about tonight.

It was going to be a night to remember.

《—》《—》

(A/N) Hey guys! So this is the new book I was talking about. It'd honestly be better for you to read this book before you read Behind the Scenes because as I said, this book ties into that book. You will probably get some spoilers from Behind the Scenes so if you don't want any, then I suggest reading this one first.

Anyways. That's all. Hope you liked the first chapter. More will be coming soon!

See ya!