Chapter 3

rebelové: rebels (Czech)

After the ball ended, my family had a "congregation", if you could call it that. My father wanted to talk to the family about something and I had no clue what he was going to tell us. Usually when we had these little family meetings, it was to announce some big news. Last time we had one of these, my father announced that my oldest sister was going away to a college in Scotland for a few years to try and get a normal education of some sort. Of course, she had a body guard with her at all times, and she was constantly bombarded because she was the eldest daughter of the King and Queen of Abdulla.

Anyways, in order for us to have a family meeting, this was going to be good. Also, if my father was going to interrupt my time with my two best friends, this had to be good. He would never interrupt time with guests. He believed it was rude.

"Alright guys," Grey started, "this had better be good. I was about to beat the new level on COD." He was obsessed with call of duty, and it was a bit unhealthy. I always thought that it was okay if he played, but he also needed to get an education. COD took up most of his time usually, and he always played it instead of doing homework. (Which he knew he could get out of because he was the prince.)

My father walked in, arm and arm, with my mother. My mother, who usually had the happiest smile on her face, wore a dark frown.

"My family, we are all in danger. The rebelové have started up their schemes again. One of our spies in the ranks has just alerted us that she has gotten a letter, being invited to a congregation to make their next move on us." A dark silence settled over the room as the words poured out of my fathers mouth. The rebelové were our most dangerous threat. Some people didn't like that the youngest child always get the throne. They thought that my eldest sister should get it because she was older and had more experience. But the thing is, is that when my father dies, it won't be for a long time, so if he dies while I'm in my twenties, then that will be the perfect time for me to take over. My sister is 23 and she didn't get the training I have had. I am the most experienced out of all of my siblings, even with the age difference. The rebelové sought to destroy the government. Since we are a small country with peaceful connections, we don't get involved in a lot of wars. The last wars we were involved in were the world wars. There's only been two, but there was a scare back in 2020 with Iran and America. For the most part, we were a very peaceful country, unless someone forced our hand to declare war.

When I rule, I hope that I never have to declare war, or even be involved in any wars. Killing people is horrible, and should be completely wiped out.

The last time the rebelové popped up, the wars went on for 3 years. We were coming up with a plan to end the rebelové once and for all. So far, we didn't have much.

⤝⤝※☾※⤞⤞

The meeting lasted a little longer before Father dismisses is to our rooms.

As I walked back to my room, I heard to people sneak up behind me. Spinning around, I got into a fighting stance. We were all taught from a very young age how to defend ourselves for times like these.

"Aww, come'on! She heard us coming!" I heard a familiar voice say. It was my two best friends, Amber and Kimberly(B and Kim). I relaxed my fighting stance and chuckled.

"You should have known I was going to hear you both. You sneak around like a heard of elephants." I teased. They both laughed and dismissed it.

"You did really well at the ball Em. You almost had me believing you were an actual lady." B said.

"Oh shut it. I can be proper when I want to."

"Mhm sure you can. That's why you were acting like a fool half the time." Kim retorted.

"Well that's rude. Okay what are you guys doing here? I though you went home after the ball."

"Oh my god. She doesn't remember!" B exclaimed to Kim.

"Of course she doesn't. She the princess." She sarcastically replied while curtsying in my direction.

"Sorry. There are so many things going on right now, my mind is totally lost. What's going on?" I tried again.

"Duh! We're sleeping over!" Wow I'm so stupid! We do this every year!

"Oh my god you are so right. I am so sorry I forgot!" I felt horrible. I was a terrible best friend.

"No big. Come on let's go to your room." B said and we moved along to my room.

⤝⤝※☾※⤞⤞

It was almost 4 a.m. and we still hadn't gone to sleep yet. I was currently telling them of my misfortune with my father and how he didn't agree with my idea to go to America to try and learn their trade. Honestly, I thought it was a good idea. America was one of the most prosperous countries in the world. 

I already had everything planned out if he did let me go. I would go to a small town called Collierville in a state called Tennessee. It was big enough to where I would get the right idea of how things in their country was run, but small enough that nobody would find me. And I would be going with one of our most trusted guards. He was young enough to blend in at a "high school" as they called it. His name was Everest Sharp, and I practically grew up with him. He was one of my best friends. 

B and Kim suggested something that I hadn't thought of yet. Run away. I mean, it would work. I'd write a note to my family and explain to them where I'd gone and what to do. I'll also tell them to not let anyone know where I'd gone. 

In the morning, I'd discuss with my siblings my plan, as they always supported me in whatever I decided to do, then ask my father one last time if I could go. If he lets me go, then great. If not...

I'll leave tomorrow night. 

⤝⤝※☾※⤞⤞

(A/N) What's up guys! It's been a while since I last updated. They blocked all of my proxys on my school laptop so I couldn't get on Watty for a while.(I was also doing pretty bad in school so) Anyways, here's a new chapter for you. As it says at the top of the chapter, rebelove means rebels in Czech so yeah that's cool. I didn't really want to just use rebels because, you know, it's cliche and boring so that's why I did that.

Quarantine is killing me and I'm about to go write new chapters on my other two books (y'all should go check them out ;)) so whats new with y'all?

Anyways, see ya later!

Laney :D

word count: 1100