Chapter 5: Protecting my partner

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

Wordlessly, I trailed behind the other officers into the interrogation room. As soon as detective Reed entered, he started commanding another police officer around. "Chris, lock it up."

My eyes followed the dark skinned human who now headed for the deviant. Quietly, I stepped next to Connor, who still appeared to watch the criminal. I carefully tapped his shoulder, making the android turn around.

"Hey Connor, good job. I knew you could manage to get him to talk!" A smile laced my lips as I looked up at the hazel brown haired man. For a second, his LED turned yellow.

"Thank you detective (L/N)."

Loud voices suddenly tore me out of my stare, hence I moved my head to find Gavin Reed practically spitting harsh words at his coworker.

"The fuck are you doing? Move it!"

The other police officer, Chris, seemed frustrated because the deviant refused to move. "Okay, come now. Don't be difficult, it'll only make things harder!"

Instantly, the android pushed his hands away. "NO! No, don't touch me!"

Detective Reed was extremely pissed now, glaring at the other man. "Chris, you gonna move this asshole or what?"

Desperately, the officer tried to explain his plight, "I'm trying but it's not moving!"

The deviant remained firmly in his spot, begging once more "Please, please leave me alone!"

I shifted my weight, feeling uncomfortable, watching this scene. Should I intervene? Well, I knew how well that Gavin Reed listened to my word.

"Take it easy, I'm not going to hurt you! Stop resist... Stop resisting," Chris almost whispered, obviously insecure about what to do next.

"You shouldn't touch it. It'll self-destruct if it feels threatened," Connor spoke up next to me, causing my head to perk up.

Detective Reed merely retorted, "Stay outta this, got it? No fuckin' android is gonna tell me what to do."

I gritted my teeth, about to chime in, yet Connor was faster once more. "You don't understand. If it self-destructs, we won't get anything out of it!"

The angry human detective hissed through his teeth, "I told you to shut your fuckin' mouth! Chris, gonna move this asshole or what?" He now turned to the dark skinned officer, who still attempted to take the deviant away.

"I'm trying!"

Suddenly, a silhouette passed me, moving towards the criminal. To my surprise, I saw Connor tear Chris away from the deviant and defending the other android.

"I can't let you do that! Leave it alone, now!"

My eyes widened, as I took in that very moment. Did Connor try to accomplish his mission or was he moved by feelings? His outbreak did appear fairly emotional in terms of fury.

Out of nowhere, detective Reed pulled out his gun, pointing it at my partner. "I warned you, motherfucker!"

I sharply inhaled some air and moved as fast as possible. Barely a second later, I was directing my own weapon towards that asshole of a human.

"Lower your gun. Right now!" I growled, squinting my eyes to aim for his head.

"Don't you dare threaten Connor with that," I hissed, glaring at the man.

He shot back a look as nasty as my own, seeming unimpressed. "I won't let a rookie tell me what to do, detective (L/N)." The sarcasm in his voice caused my blood to boil, yet I remained calm.