Chapter 2 - Class Trial

Crossed out portraits are standing where Chuya and Seiichi stood last trial. It seems no one is ready to get used to it yet.

CLASS TRIAL

ALL RISE!

"Let's begin with a brief explanation of the Class Trial!" Monokuma begins, sitting on his large throne-like chair "The result of the class trial will be determined by all of your votes. If you can point out the culprit, then only the culprit will be punished. However, if you vote for the wrong person, everyone except the culprit will be punished. And only the culprit who deceived everyone will be spared and will graduate!"

"Okay, let's begin." Yuna tells them.

"But where do we start this time?" Reiji wonders.

"Watanabe-kun is right, we didn't find anything that could be the murder weapon." Ginjiro agrees.

"C-could it be that the culprit has k-killed Ueda-kun without an o-object?" Yukiji suggests.

Ren nods "I agree with you, Shintani-san. The reason we didn't find something that could be the murder weapon is because the culprit used their own hands to strangle Ueda-kun."

"Ah, you're referring to the bruises on his neck, aren't you?" Kagami asks.

"The ones that Endo-san pointed out before we started investigating?" Ichiro questions.

"Those bruises were shaped like fingers." Naomi confirms "But there's something else I noticed, the two bruises on his windpipe seemed to be the shape of thumbs."

"Then the culprit must've been standing in front of Ueda-kun while strangling him." Tatsuya states.

"Guys, how often must I say this." Aika whines "You are trusting an experienced killer on everything she says. How do we know she isn't feeding us lies?"

"Endo-san helped us during the last trial too..." Kaida points out.

Aika giggles "That could've been just to gain our trust. You're too naive, Matsui-chan, that's going to be your downfall.~"

'We can definitely trust Endo-san right now. I just need to convince Yano-san so she can shut up.' Ren thinks to himself "Endo-san can't be the culprit. She has an alibi."

"Yeah, she was in the library the whole time." Ginjiro confirms "I was there too."

"S-so Endo-san and Yamasaki-kun h-have an alibi." Yukiji stutters.

"Hold on, there's something I'd like to adress before we continue." Yuna speaks up "I'd like to know who triggered the body discovery announcement."

"Well, that's something we can't be sure about." Haru says.

"Huh? And why the fuck not?" Maeko questions.

"If three people see the corpse, it triggers the body discovery announcement, correct? Well, that's a problem, because the third and fourth witness arrived at the same time."

"Hold on, Azuma-kun." Kagami pinches the bridge of her nose before taking a deep breath "First; who were those witnesses? Second; who were the first two? And third: how did you obtain this information?"

"Azuma-kun and I were the first two." Kaida admits "I wanted to see how Ueda-kun was doing but..." She looks down, sadness in her eyes.

"I was confused that Matsui would just stand still in front of a door, so I took a look inside and saw Ueda's body. We agreed that I'd find everyone on the floor we were on and she'd look for the others upstairs." Haru explains.

"He got Yamasaki and I from the library." Naomi states.

"I see... Makes sense." Reiji mutters.

"Then, may I suggest the next topic?" Ichiro asks. When no one objects he continues "How could someone possibly overpower Ueda-kun, who is incredibly fast."