You're Perfect

Dedicated to NotShort_FunSize

I no longer wanted to hide myself from the glaring eyes of the world. My own faith in Asher started to give me abundant strength and courage. I took him around with me everywhere like any normal child. I was never sorry or embarrased or uncomfortable carrying him around.

I was no more scared of people's curious looks and awkward stares. I didn't mind telling people that Asher was a special child.

I remember when I discovered that he was a special child,I did what anyone would do. I cried for the injustice done to me and whined for the future of the innocent soul. But once the tears ran down I got back to the business of raising my son.

The more I realised that Asher isn't like everyone else, the more I felt grateful about it.

I could talk about his problem calmly,raising him made me a new person.Raising him made me happy, I felt happy as a Special mother.

Raising him made me realise that there will always be someone who will see him and look away in disgust. There will always be someone who can't see his beauty beneath his drooling smile. There will always be someone who will not see the fact that his tiny hands holds the secret of true joy and pure love.

The Special school helped Asher to become a much more confident person. His happiness was infectious and so was his smile.

He was adored by everyone. His speech improved and expression became clearer.

Yes,he was way too behind,academically, as compared to the children of his age but that was okay. I was satisfied by the mere fact that my child was learning something new every single day.

When he was 11,he got his gold medal in a art competition. Without practice he competed with approximately 150 children from various special schools.That was the day when I was on top of the world, I was beyond surprised, I was the proudest mother. I cried out of joy,hugged him,peppered him with kisses. At that day,the twinkling of his eyes and his contagious smile made me way more happy than his achievement.

Him being disabled doesn't disturb me anymore. I don't see him as a burden but rather I see him as a blessing. He and I shall live with it and still be happy.

One day,as both of us got onto a giant wheel,Asher offered to buy tickets for us. He was beaming with joy,it was his first time in an amusement park.

"One full,one half"said the guy who held a bunch of tickets in his hand.

Jumping in absolute wonder and happiness Asher made his way to the ride and I trailed behind him with one thought occupying my mind.

'Was he really a half?Was I really a full?'

I sat beside him and stared at him. What is so different among us? Why am I a full and others like Asher a half or incomplete? When in reality, Asher is complete-pure and innocent while my life or our lives are full of ill feelings.

From that day,whenever I look at him I feel that he is complete although a little different from us.

"You're perfect,Asher" I would whisper while reading him his night time stories.

He is perfect.

He made me realise that I am not some saint or any special than other parents,I am just a regular parent who is lucky enough to have an extraordinary child. He came to my life and taught me things in his own innocent ways.

And when the day comes,when the world will see him the way I do,it will be one full world filled with love,caring and happiness.

C|O|M|P|L|E|T|E|D✔
(685 words)

__________________________________

Thank you! I appreciate you for taking your time for reading my story.

And I hope you learnt a little something from this story! ;)

_________________

Dedicated to all the strong mothers and their wonderful little chunkie-monkeys!

~Sneha (Creampuff_75)