chapter one

It was a dark and story night. A car was riding along the freeway all alone. There was a man inside the car that had bad thoughts in his mind. His thoughts were starting to sound normal by now. They started around five years from this day and they got worse everyday that he had to live with them. Everyday and every moment got more painful than the last no matter how much he hoped or wanted them to stop... oh no they just got worse. They went from:

"Dude you are not worth it"
And:
"Nobody cares"
To:
"I am worthless"
As well as:
"I should just dissapear"

There was a gun in the seat next to him and he took it up, pointed it to his head and BANG....pulled the trigger.
*

**
A few weeks later his body was found by an officer that was on duty. It had taken time to find it because no one really cared...No one but his son Caston, a high school student that lived with his alcaholic mom and now dead father.
Caston was usually very but ever since his father died it was like someone hit "mute". He lost all his friends and his grades dropped fast and he got fired from his job. He was always either getting into fights at school or not coming at all. Of course his mother didn't care, She never cared. Even if she did then he didn't care. In the end he failed all his classes and was suspended soon after. He got new friends but they ended up using him for whatever he had. He then started to gamble. He bet everything...his house, his car, his money you name it but in the end he lost it all. He ended up at the same spot as his father once did. The same thoughts, the same life and even the same gun. There was one different thing though, He was crying. Yeah, Caston Martin son of Martin Austran, the boy who never criedor showed any emotion was crying. His warm tears fell down his cold cheeks as he tried to remember his father, tried to remember anything about him.

Nothing.

He didn't remember anything. He kept remembering good memories about his mom.
The times they played together when he had no one,
The times when he was sad and she knew why even without asking and knew how to make him laugh or smile, at least forget why he was sad in the first place.
Then he realized that that his dad was never around, but his mom was and still was waiting for him to hopefully return safely home. He looked at the gun and thought only one thing:

"I am NOT my father"

He then threw the gun down a river and drove home.
He drove home to his waiting mother.
Drove home to be there for her just like she was for him in the past.
But best of all he drove home to live.

***