Prolouge

I stared at the smart board with a dull blank stare as the rest of the class took notes. Yes, I was absent for maybe a month with the flu. No, I had no idea what was going on, and had no one that cared to lend me their notes from the past month. After an incident in elementary school, no one cared enough to even acknowledge I existed. That was fine. I kept to myself anyway. It did get boring sometimes though.

The bell finally rang after what seemed like an eternity. I gathered my books, including my new sketch book I had gotten over the weekend. There wasn't anything in it yet, but whatever it was, was going to be great. I stuffed everything into my bag and made my way out of the classroom, ignoring the people that were already socializing in the hallway. It made me jealous from time to time. But you can't fall out of friendship if you have no friends.

I made my way past the lockers, past the cafeteria, headed to the exit. That is, until a paper wad hit me in the back of the head. Figures. I turned to see the culprit, only to find my ex best friend from elementary. Standing there with her popular crowd, there she was, the bitch herself, Hope. After the last talent show years ago, she ended up hating me and left me for the jerks that write on people's lockers and text each other while sitting in the same room. Ugh.

I gave her a side glare for a moment and quickly walked out of the school. I didn't want to get beat up today, just wasn't worth it.

I walked out and made my way down the sidewalk. Home wasn't far, so a bus was pointless. Every person I passed by, I could hear them whisper something. Most were stupid nonsense, like when the next test was, or about some stupid boy band or something. Though, some were about me. 'she's such a loser.' I sighed and put my headphones on, and turned MCR up to full volume. I just couldn't deal with it.

I was almost off of school grounds, before someone jerked on my backpack from behind, pulling me back and I fell to the ground. I groaned and looked up. Surprise, surprise. It's my old buddy, Hope, standing there with a smirk.