yet again, ; chreon

chris stands in the kitchen, dancing to the songs playing through his phone’s speakers. he’s swaying and tapping his foot and bobbing his head with the tune of whatever song he’s listening to right now as he stirs something in the skillet. whatever it is, it smells fucking fantastic.

leon, sitting on one of the bar stools, feet tucked up underneath him, sipping on a mug of warm tea as he watches his dork boyfriend dance. he almost can’t believe he wants to take chris’ hand in his own and let the taller man twirl him around the kitchen. he can’t believe that somehow chris convinced him to quit his government job and pursue his dream career of being  a photographer. (well, his second dream career was being a photographer, his first was being a cop… but everybody knows how that turned out.) leon's a damn good photographer too, capturing photos of chris in the morning, sleepily making them both coffee, photos of the sun rays filtering through the tree branches, and even photos of munchie sitting on the windowsill if the damn cat would sit still for long enough.

“i know you’re looking at me, lee,” chris says, casting a sideyed look at leon, turning the stovetop off. “something on your mind?”

leon carefully unfolds his long legs from underneath him, setting his mug on the breakfast bar in front of him and padding around the bar to chris’ side. he doesn’t say anything, grabbing chris’ hands in his own.

“you wanna dance?” chris asked, a soft smile stretching across his face.

leon hums in answer, sliding his palms up chris’ chest and draping his arms around his boyfriend’s neck as chris wraps his arms around leon’s waist. leon leans into chris’ chest, letting him carry most of the weight, resting his head on chris’ collarbone.

it’s when chris starts softly singing along to the cheesy love song in his ear that leon starts laughing. the laugh starts out quiet but slowly builds up into a louder laugh, one that’s got leon weak on his knees and breathless against chris’ chest.

“what, lee?” chris asks, smiling confusedly at his tiny boyfriend.

“i-it’s just that you n-never sing to me,” leon explains, gasping in between laughing. “it was just un-unexpected. you were good though, i promise.”

leon looks up, bright baby blues glittering happily, a wide smile on his face. there’s so much love in his eyes, it nearly makes chris propose then and there. he settles instead on kissing leon carefully, cupping the man’s face.

leon runs his hands through chris’ cropped military hair, scraping his blunt nails against his scalp in that way that chris just loves. chris growls, kissing leon harder, wrapping five calloused fingers around the back of his neck, pulling him closer.

“you’re askin’ for a lotta trouble, mister,” leon mumbles, standing on his toes to press his body against chris’.

“yeah? whatchu gonna do ‘bout it?” chris asks, lips fumbling down leon’s jaw as his strong arms lift the smaller man and set him on the counter.

chris traces a circle below leon’s ribcage, making him shiver and whimper. he kisses leon’s neck roughly, scruff scratching deliciously against his skin. his hand pushes leon’s tight-fitting t-shirt up, palm running over toned muscle and scarred skin, hand holding onto leon’s side hotly.