[1] My New Abode

Pitter Patter
Went the raindrops on the windshield as my dad turned on the wipers. I watched as it swiftly swished off the droplets. It was oddly satisfying to watch.

"So.. what do you think about your new art school kiddo?"

"Oh uh... I'm not sure... I guess it'll be great?"

"That's the spirit my little lotus!"

I rolled my eyes at the dumb nickname he gave me. My dad calls me many names but I never say anything.

"So where's the new place?"

"It's on a hill near the mountains... just like your mother imagined!"

Tears filled my eyes. My mother passed away a week ago and it was her longing dream to see me come to this point. I couldn't keep in my tears as it rolled down my puffy cheeks. My dad's smile faded.

"Hey... it's alright..." he said, trying his best to comfort me.

I just nodded my head and wiped my tears. Before I knew it, I saw the house in the range of my eyesight. He was right, just like mom imagined... It was a wooden bungalow with a warm, cozy feel to it. Mom would've loved to see this. I wonder if she's seeing it from above...

I opened the car door as the cold air rushed to my feet, creeping up my legs. I shivered a bit. Near the mountains, the air is quite cold. I rushed inside as the warmth from the fireplace that my dad had just lit made me feel like a melting marshmallow. I sighed.

I ran upstairs to my new room. It was a cozy loft room with a bed in the roof and a dream catcher above. I slipped off my clothes into a warm onesie and climbed up the ladder to my bed. I flopped on top the pillows and stared at the dream catcher. I sighed again, looking out the window.

"Man... what a starry night..." I said peering into the vast sky filled with an ocean if stars looking down upon me. I wonder if mom is a star too, the one that's shining the brightest as though it is smiling at me?

~End If Chapter One~