Chapter 3: Paving the way

It seemed like what he said was true about hell, almost like earth but more chaotic in nature leaving more messed up shit than usual to be easily accessible. It wasn't too hard to see that most were obsessed with showing what they had in terms of power, terf, drugs, servants, and souls. It hard hardly been more than a few hours and already you somewhat had a plan in mind for helping the serpent in the online popularity department. Not air tight but there was a plan, shutting down the computer and leaving the room you noticed that there were a lot more of the egg servants walking around then before, most of which were running around cleaning the place. A few of them looked at you curiously before returning to work, unsure of where the snake slithered off to you flagged one of the eggs over using the number on its back. "Hey, 413. Come here a sec" he turned and quickly bounded over to you "Do you know where Pentious went?" he nodded "Boss went down to the basement to make us" he replied cheerfully. "Can you show me?" the little egg nodded and motioned for you to follow him as he half ran down the hall, it wasn't too hard to keep up with the little thing. Heading down another corridor and larger flight of stairs you could hear the unmistakable sound of machines, their rhythmic clanks and faint hums a colder melody that faintly grew louder as you trailed downwards. A large opening revealed the complicated devices as they continued their nameless tune, Pentious watching from a small control panel in the middle of the room as one by one little molds cracked open to reveal egg like creatures already dressed in their little tuxedos. One by one they popped out and ran over to a smaller machine that sprayed a number on the back of their heads, all in all It was kind of weird to see but at the same time rather neat to know that this was where the little eggs came from. Taking care to not get in their way you walked over to Pentious "So this is where your little minions come from? Gotta admit this is a pretty sweet set up" he just grinned "Why thank you my dear!" from the way he acted it was almost as if he never got compliments from anyone other than his little creations. "But this is really just a miniature version of one of my larger set ups, I used to have a larger factory and legions of minions at my disposal however A recent terf war has left me... how do you say it? Licking my wounds?" he asked. A simple nod was all he needed form you to know that he had the right wording "What do you mean by terf war?" you asked. "Battles over territory, or sections of hells main city. A mess of land and minions is the staple of great tyrants, almost every single one of the more powerful demons have a section of the city or outskirts as their own" he explained. You didn't know why people bothered fighting over sections but it didn't seem like something that would matter to you. "So, have you come up with a game plan?" he asked "I think I got an idea of what we can do internet wise but it's gonna take some time" you said. "I got a rough idea for what's popular in hell so here's what I'm thinking, we refresh your accounts, get you on the newer and more populated sites and start flaunting what you got. I'll help manage your account by taking pics, letting you know what to tweet, what captions to use, and how to tag it till I feel like you can do it on your own. While that's going on, I'll set up my own account and with a few other eggs we'll try to gain popularity on our own ends and direct what followers we're able to get to you. It's rough but that's what I got for the online portion of your popularity" you explained. "Seems like a plan, how long will this take exactly?" he asked "It's the internet, it could take years or you could go viral within a few days" he didn't seem to like that answer but it was the truth. "Very well, so long as I'm able to get the results I desire I don't mind waiting" he replied. "Right, and then for offline things... in addition to your terf wars or whatever perhaps buying rounds for a few bars and throwing a party or two. We'll do that later once we get your lingo and slang issues sorted out" you explained. "Sounds like a plan" he replied, several more of the egg like creatures hopped out of their little mold before Pentious hit a little button on his stand. The machines mechanical melody quickly slowed down to silence "You're going to have to wait a while before I can lend you my henchmen or update accounts, as I said I am still licking my wounds and I need to repair my airship as soon as possible. Get done as much as you can on your own, I'll meet you in the computer room once repairs are made to my devices. It shouldn't take to terribly long." Though questions stirred about the battle he was in you didn't want to disappoint the serpent, despite turning away you could almost feel some of those pink eyes looking at you as he hissed for his minions to follow him up to another room. Retracing steps you found your way back into the computer room and powered up that same computer that you had been using before. It didn't take to long to make and properly customize several new accounts for the underworlds Twitter and Instagram, aside from making the first posts there wasn't much to do aside from further check out what the others were talking about and follow those that had a mess of followers at their sides. Hours seemed to tick by rather slow as you messed around learning about the extermination, the more powerful demons of hell, and the raging turf wars that were going on in the city. One such fight catching your eyes, there was an entire video of Pentious going against a one eyes girl with messy blonde hair. Taking a glance over your shoulder every now and again you watched clips of the video with the audio off, it didn't take to long to see why the place was so empty when you woke up. It looked like the majority of his little legion had gotten cracked and or blown up by the girl known as Cherri bomb, it wasn't surprising since they didn't seem to fare well in combat but it was still upsetting seeing the little guys getting splattered across the rooftops. Discomfort quickly turning numb as the onslaught continued on the screen painting the majority of the place white and yellow. Clicking away you continued with mindless browsing watching live fights and getting new names, it looked like almost everyone in the city was brawling with one another over territory or over some incident that happened long before you fell. Time ticked by slowly till eyes started to grow heavy, though you saw how damaged his mechanical zeppelin  had gotten you still wanted to wait just in case they somehow managed to fix it within the day. The extra time online wouldn't hurt either.

You had no idea when it happened but darkness wrapped around consciousness and pulled it away creating a near blank dream, there were no colors or sounds to give way to dreams of random nothingness. There was just darkness, darkness and the memory of a sickly warmth slowly spreading throughout your chest. The horrid feeling drawing enough discomfort to break away the dream like state and let eyes open once again. The chill and unfamiliar scene making you quickly lift your head up "W-what the-" It took a moment to recall what all had happened and to realize what was going on, you were being carried up the stairs by the snake demon. He looked a bit worn down with a few darker patches staining his jacket "Easy, it's just me" he whispered "My apologies, I didn't mean to have you waiting for so long but the damages were worse than I anticipated." It was possible to feel the chill of his skin through clothing as he continued to slither up the stairs to the second floor. "It's alright" you replied, from what you had seen in the video it seemed like Cherri had practically destroyed the mechanical device that he had first used when entering her territory. Thought it was rather odd having him carry you so effortlessly there was no complaining as he continued to the second floor and down the hallway. At first you thought he was going to take you back to his bedroom but he passed it and moved to another room not too far from it "It's been a while since I've had company but I managed to get a few of the minions to prepare the guest bedroom for you." He opened up the door with his tail and slithered inside carefully setting you down on top of silken sheets. A small yawn escaping him, despite the darkness you could still see those large yellow fangs and a forked tongue. "We'll discuss your course of action in the morning and I'll see what I can do about having a proper outfit tailored for you." He seemed far more tired than you were as he turned and slowly moved back towards the door, that speed he had earlier almost entirely gone "Thank you, Sir Pentious" there was a tired smile on his face as he quietly closed the door leaving you alone with your thoughts. Crawling under silken sheets the faint chill of the air and warmth of the blankets intertwined gently dancing along flesh and the lush mattress that you rested on. Rolling onto your side arms wrapped around one of the extra pillows that laid on the bed, though your mind wanted to keep thinking over the odd situation you had gotten yourself into such comfort distorted thoughts leaving them to break apart and grow quiet as eyelids grew heavy. So what if he had gotten into a fight, so long a you were alright and treated well you didn't give two shits about what he did or has done.

Authors notes: This isn't as long as I would have liked it to be but this should be the last of the Introduction chapters.