13. Valtteri Bottas

"You're in love with him"

Today was a big day, the 1000th race, and one of your best friends at pole position.
You are currently at the Renault garage, wishing your childhood best friend Daniel good luck for the race. You are both sitting down, chatting about Daniels mum, reminiscing over memories you and him have had. You and Daniel have been close, everyone thought you was dating, but both you and Daniel don't see eachother than anything other than best friends. Siblings, maybe, as you are always there for eachother.
There's about 20 minutes, before the cars and the drivers have to leave to go to the track, and you are just having a good chat with Daniel.
Deep in conversation with dan, you didn't notice Valtteri slump down on the sofa next to you, causing you to jump out of your skin and fall of the sofa you was currently sitting on
"Easy there tiger!" Bottas says, laughing along with Daniel at you.
"I hate you!" You say to valtteri, punching him in the shoulder and pouting, then sitting back down between your best friends.
You've known valtteri for 3 years, Daniel first introducing you to him when you first come to a race. The bond was instant, and you and him got along so easy and you shared the same humour. Whenever you wasn't with Daniel, you was with valtteri, but something changed in Bahrain between you and valtteri. You seem to be more touchy, more close. You are not complaining, you love his company, but there's something that you are feeling inside that you can't just get what it is.
Daniel And Valtteri start talking about the race, about how the weather is and how it's going to effect the race and so on.
You zone out, looking at valtteri, taking in the details of his face
You can't help but stare at him, the way he smiles mid conversation, his eyes bright with hope for the race.
What you don't notice is Daniel can see you looking at him, himself feeling a sense of pride at how happy you look, and he knows how you feel towards valtteri more than you do.
"I'm going to get back to the team now, good luck dan" he says, leaning over you to shake dans hand. As he gets up, he places his hand on your knee as a boost up
"Good luck valtteri, I'll see you later" you say, but you can't stop thinking about his touch, and how it lingered for just a second to long
He smiles and walks away, waving to both you and dan and starts a small jog back towards the Mercedes garage.
Before you even get to face Daniel again, he speaks
"You are in love with him"
This took you by surprise, you can't be in love with valtteri, he's your best friend. But it all makes sense.
The feeling of awe, the way he touches you, how you feel when you are with him.
"You know what dan, i think you are right. Good luck today! I'll see you after, right now I got to do something!" You day to dan, getting up of the sofa and running towards to Mercedes garage, to see the Fin you not long ago said goodbye too.
Reaching the garage, after what seems like forever, as it was the first garage from the pit lane, you see the fin, standing by his car with his earphones on.
He notices you, and smiles
"What you doing here?" He asks
"I'm here for you, and I think I have something important to tell you" you say, looking at him, then to the floor.
Whilst you are looking down, trying to compose yourself, valtteri is smiling. He knows exactly why you are here, Daniel messaged him, as soon as you got up and left, with just the words 'she's all yours, it's true'
Before you get to look up, valtteri lifts your head up, and places a hand on your cheek
"I know, and me too" he says
"Huh? You don't Even know what I was gonna s-"
You was cut off by valtteri placing his lips to yours, then pulling away and looking into your eyes
"Do you know now?" He says to you, giving you a sweet smile and keeping his hand placed gently on your cheek.
"No I don't think I do, you'll have to tell me again" you grinned
Valtteri places his lips to to yours again, this time the kiss felt more passionate and wanting, both of you putting feeling into this one kiss
"I love you" he says
"I love you too. Now go and win that race for me!"

Another request from Killer_Elite_SquadX x hope you liked this one too!