Ninth Lie

When Kaori came into reality, her violin was already smashed into pieces and the music sheets were torn. She was confused if she's the one who did all of that but since she's the only one in the room then that confirms it all. Her head still aches as if it is breaking but at least the voices that keep taunting her already vanished.

She stared at her broken violin.

"Mom! Dad! Is this for me?" the little Kaori asked as her eyes sparkle. On her hands is the violin she keeps asking from her parents since she attended the piano recital and watched Arima Kosei played.

"Of course, it is! For our precious daughter, please use this violin to reach your dream!" her father announced and carry her. Little Kaori blushed and giggled.

But her violin is already broken. Her dream and soul is already broken.

"Dad, how can I reach my dream?" she asked with a low voice. "Dad… Mom… I-I don't care about my dream anymore. Why do you have to leave me and let me suffer?!"

She can't help but think about how unfair life is. Leaving her in this world, so cruel. Kaori is aware that many people care for her and yet she feels so undeserving. Everything looks so wrong for her. She can't just pretend that everything's okay and go back to the things they used to be.

"They want me dead! Mom! Dad! They are watching me and want me dead! They don't know that I'd rather die as well than to live without you two!" the voices inside her head with nothing but her fall, "M-mom.. Dad.. please, I need help" and with that, her world crumbles as her strength left her falling on the floor.

The tears keep falling from her eyes as she cries her eyes out. Kaori hugged the shattered instrument as if it is her life. She begged the heavens to forgive her for thinking such things but she needs to escape, she needs to run from her life. One day, her life was perfect and then in just one snap, everything went wrong. Life has been mocking her to accept everything in one gulp and she cannot do that.

Kaori does not know how long she's been crying in the dark but when she's already calmed down, she noticed the 6 missed calls from Tsubaki, Kosei, and Watari and there are messages too asking if she's okay or not as they've been trying to contact her but she won't answer. Kaori sends them all messages saying that she's okay and was just doing her homework. She also started to clean the room, throwing all the music sheets that were torn into pieces and despite having her violin broken, she still hides it on her case and put it somewhere her cousin will not be able to find. Well, it is fine since the couple does not come in this room as they do not want to disturb her. She wants to hide what happened in this room. She just feels so tired after her episode.

She wants to hide what is going on her mind.

Suddenly, she remembered Kosei. She dialed Kosei's number hesitantly. For some reasons, she wants to hear his voice she was afraid that Kosei won't answer the call, it's already late after all but Kosei answered after the 2ndring and that brings a warm feeling inside her, she also finds it amusing how he answered the call that fast.

"Hello?" it was Kosei, Kaori smiled, his voice soothes her fatigue.

"It's me, Kaori~"

"I know. I read the caller ID before answering the call" was his sarcastic remark

"Really? You answered too fast and I thought that you did not even look at your phone. Creepy!"

"I-I am not!"

Kaori giggled, "Geez, calm down." Kaori felt all her energy coming back as she heard Kosei's voice. She hopes that they will remain the same.

Kosei sighed. He was worried when Tsubaki emailed them saying that Kaori won't answer her call and messages. He was afraid that something happened again. Kaori then messages them interesting them that she's okay and was just busy with her homework that she did not notice their calls.

He trusts her but he can't still stop himself thinking that something must be really wrong until his phone rings. As soon as he saw the name of Kaori flashes on his screen, he did not waste any time and answered the call. Hearing her laugh removes his anxiety.

"Is something wrong? Why did you call?" he asked gently.

"No, nothing's wrong" Kaori shakes her head as if to say no even though she is aware that Kosei can't see her.

"Then why did you call?"

"I just miss hearing your voice, is there any problem with that?" her voice was playful but what she said are nothing but the truth. She suddenly misses him. She wants to see him and see him smile.

Kosei did not answer and she did not press him to do so. It was a comfortable silence as they listen to each other's breath. But it was Kosei who broke the silence.

"I miss you too."