3

I finally go downstairs and there really is a lot of stairs. But I could have easily used the elevator, but I needed the time to think, so I took the stairs. So, by the time I got down the stairs, I am going to the living room to tell Keith and Riley to go to the garage to practice.

So, I do just that, but I didn't know that all of them would follow me. And that is exactly what I do. I might as well use it to my advantage.

"Hey, Rye, want to train with me? I might be nice."

He snorted and nodded, "I'm not."

"Good. Let's go."

He laughs and we, first, go at it as humans. We do a few rounds with me coming out on top. After about 20 minutes, we stop to change. When we are fully changed, I let out a howl to tell Riley that I'm ready. He answered with a nod of his head. Then, we went at it even harder.

I threw out the thought to Riley, Let's make Keith fight. He's got to train too.

He smiles and we turn toward Keith. He's watching us fight. Riley circles around him and I attack his front. He laughs as he spins out of the way. When he faces turns back to Riley and me, he has his fangs and claws out. Riley drops back while Keith and I circle and go for it.

By the time we finished, I was completely relaxed. So, I change and dress quickly, before meeting the others inside the house. I sat on Keith's lap and sense he doesn't have a shirt on I make sure that I didn't hurt him too badly. I didn't. In fact, he was already healed.

"So, are you okay, Roslin?" Keith asks in Greek.

I nod and wait for the inevitable. And it comes right on time. I'm not talking about the fact that our friends knowing, and freaking, about our paranormal sides. But rather, the wedding.

"So, about that wedding...there's no way that you two could postpone until your, like, 20?" asks Beth.

"No," I reply, "We can't wait. We've asked both my dad and his mom. They said 'no, absolutely not'."

Todd said, "And Riley knew and didn't tell me. Or anyone. Why?"

Riley said, "Well, you try telling your friends and, especially, your brother, that the Alpha's daughter is marrying a vamp. In fact, you know just as well as I do that vamps and wolves don't mix."

"So, I don't get to know even though I'm part of the pack?" Todd questions.

"You're not the only one," I say, "Most of the pack doesn't know. And the only ones that do are the people who need to know. Like Riley, and, of course, Keith and myself."

"We didn't know until we were, like, 10 years old," Keith adds.

Theywent silent, trying to digest that their friends are getting married soon.