Chapter 6

"Why would you.. why would you make me do this?!" Dappledleg spluttered in barely a whisper, not taking her eyes off of the smokey grey she-cat that was apparently her mother.

"I-I don't-" Oaksplash was cut off as Darkleaf began to speak.

"Look, I've come here to.. to.." Darkleaf couldn't seem to finish his words as the she-cat stared him down.

"What?" she spat at him, "We have our agreement, there's no reason for you to be here."

"It's not about that," he snapped quickly, "Don't talk about that so openly, you don't know who's listening.."

At this, Oaksplash gulped nervously, drawing himself further back in the shadows.

"Who would be listening Darkleaf?" she growled with annoyance, flicked her tail to gesture around the empty clearing.

"Uh.. I-I guess," Darkleaf fumbled around with his paws anxiously.

"Well? Do you have something to tell me or.." she grumbled, her meow laced with impatience. He gave a small nod, his gaze serious.

"Ash, Dapple is in here." Darkleaf's words silenced them both.

Dappledleg let out a hoarse gasp from beside him, and Oaksplash could feel her body quivering with fear against his.

Ash finally spoke up after a moment of tense silence, "What do you mean she's here."

"In StarClan, she's changed her name as well. Dappledleg I think it is," he explained hastily, sensing Ash's growing anger.

"You told me that you made it impossible for her to get into StarClan. I thought you knew what you were doing. Have you been lying to me Darkleaf?" She bared her teeth and unsheathed her claws threateningly.

"I did. It's impossible for her to have come directly to StarClan. The only explanation I can think of is.." he trailed off, and began shaking slightly, "Is that she got here from another world entirely."

"But she was with me in AppleClan, that doesn't make any sense," the dark forest cat growled.

"Yes, what I mean is that after she died she went somewhere else. Not the dark forest, not StarClan.. but somewhere else. After that, she must've made her way here."

"How is that.. possible?" she murmured, looking away to hide the pure confusion on her face.

"I don't.. I don't know, but I don't want to have to stay here longer than I have to. Plus Oaksplash will be wondering where I am," Darkleaf mumbled, awkwardly leaving the she-cat and making his way nearer and nearer where Dappledleg and Oaksplash were hiding.

"Wait! How do you know it's Dapple? It could be.. it could be a different-"

"Her foot fades away at the bottom," he cut her off briskly, and Oaksplash swore that for a moment he saw regret flash in the smokey she-cat's eyes. Darkleaf sighed deeply, turning away.

"One thing before you leave," Ash spoke up, a dark edge to her meow, "Erase Dapple for good, if she has the power to get into other worlds, then we don't know what else she might be capable of. Erase her and anyone associated with her."

Darkleaf looked over but didn't respond, he seemed to be going everything over in his head carefully and the only thing that gave away how scared he was was his emerald eyes.

"And just remember the deal," she added icily, seeing the worry and fear in his eyes, "I can reverse everything back again."

All Darkleaf managed to do was give a stiff nod in response, his flank rising and falling at least double the speed as his heart hammered against his chest.