Chapter 2

"Oh my gods," she whispered in horror. "What did you do?"

"I didn't mean for it to turn out this way!"

"Then what did you want? You must have known something bad would happen!"

Pitch sighs, sinking down in his chair. "I just wanted them out of the way for a bit."

"And so you plague them with nightmares to the point that they don't know what's real anymore?"

Nightlight flickered angrily, gesturing towards the blood and ashes on the floor.

"It's not my fault!"

"Then who's fault is it, Pitch? Because I'm pretty sure that this didn't happen on it's own."

"I don't know!"

She glares at him, crossing her arms and saying, "You shouldn't play around with what you don't understand. What, you thought that because you can make some pathetic black sand that you know the depths of the mind? Because you're a so called 'expert', you can mess with things you don't know of? What? Because you were in exile, from your own choices mind you, you know loneliness?"

"I was stupid, okay?"

"Was?"

"... Am."

"Why do you even care about this? Shouldn't you be reveling in your 'glory' or something?"

"I uhh... That's why I need you here." he mumbles, trying to shield his eyes from Nightlight's ever increasing glow. "I may have upset the balance."

She turns on him, mouth open in surprise, before she runs to the globe room. "You did this?"

Lights are blinking out, entire countries going dark at one time. Nightlight flies up to the top, circling the globe, shaking his head as more and more flicker and dim.

"The lights... the belief..." Katherine breaths. "They're all going out."

"That why I need you! All belief is fading, in adults and children! You can fix it!"

"How? Why is this happening?"

"I-I upset the balance. Without all the things you are supposed to protect, everything is dying. There's no fear. Even Night and Day are disrupted, and Death is having trouble guiding souls."

"This is all your fault."

"I know."

"How are you going to fix this?"

"I can't! What am I supposed to do? I'm fear, and darkness, I can't bring light or hope or fun! I need your help!"

"We can't do this! It's not my center, nor is it Nightlight's. We can't bring hope and wonder, we can't hold memories."

"Then what are we to do?"

"We're going to fix this, starting with cleaning up your mess."

Thanks for reading! Make sure to drop a comment in and vote maybe? If you want?