Chapter 1 - Desicions, decisions...

My name's Perseus Jackson. But you can call me Percy. My mother called me Perseus for luck but I can't say I've had much of it in my life. I never knew my dad, it was said he was lost at sea or something like that, and from then on I lived with my mum and my stepdad Gabe. He was horrible, his hair and clothes always rumpled and he always smelled of alcohol. My mum and me were very close, always joking about how we could get rid of him.

Then when I was five, my mum and me decided to go to a seaside town for a break from him and we took a coach. It all went by fast, leaving the city and travelling through the countryside. Then no one really knew what happened, but one of the tires burst and the coach fell off a high cliff. I was flung out of the shattered window in a blur of colours and then sudden darkness and I felt very lost, in more ways than one.

I was later told that no one on the bus survived except me and the coach was found crumpled at the bottom. I was found by a couple of kind police officers, one was called Rachel and the other Mark I think, at the side of the road and they took me to the hospital. I had gotten shards of glass in my eyes from the window and even though they took them out I was effectively blind for the rest of my life. Apparently, I don't look bad at all except for a scar across my forehead, left eye and cheek from a particularly sharp shard.

Over the years I learned that I could sense the objects nearby using just my hearing and sense of smell. I could slightly see the shape of things through my eyelids and if things stayed the same in a room then I could visualise a 3D picture in my head of where I needed to go. That didn't stop me from tripping over Gabe's empty bottles he left near the sofa and coffee table.

I'm now 12 and going to a school somewhere nearby. I never got the chance to hear the name but it's pretty good. I've got a cool history teacher who uses a wheelchair which I can tell from the fact that it scrapes across the class floor. He teaches rather well but I can't always answer the questions he asks me, he always expects me to know the answers to any mythology questions which I have to say is pretty silly. I mean how would I know?

Gabe isn't at all nice to me, he blames me for the death of my mum. He says that if I hadn't forced her to go on the coach we wouldn't have fallen of the cliff and she wouldn't have died. He whacks me with his bottles and mooches money, which I get from doing a side job at the aquarium, off me constantly then doesn't feed me at all.

I'm thinking of just plain leaving. I mean, no one will miss me and it's way better than living with him. I may be scared of going outside sometimes because of the noisy traffic that disorients me but I'll just stick to the sidewalk and nothing could go wrong. Would that be a good idea?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, the covers only temporary while I'm out of ideas... Hope you like.
I'm just saying this'll be a reader driven story with a question at each end for the reader to answer to start of the next chapter. Ugh, my explanations! So basically if I get 5 comments on what you want to happen next I'll do what majority say.
For example, for this chapter you could say yes or no... Simple really.