Rise of the Rats

The city's populace is in a state of panic after another suspected-"gas/chemical" bomb blasted 4 blocks away from the initial blasts at the mall. Inspector Ghenes can't help but notice suspicious vans and cars with youngsters in groups passing by, mostly masked with bandanas. One car happened to pull over beside his car parked at a local shop, the bass from the car's speakers were drumming Hektor's ears with that House Party- Meek Mill song the kids were bobbing their heads to. What a bunch of impolite assholes; having the guts to enjoy and play out loud at this critical time of emergency. 'Quite rigid balls too for pulling over at a very vibrant police car with that kind of music. These kids weren't educated with local laws regarding noise and courtesy in this city.

Hektor had lots of things in mind. The irritation with those youngsters was just silly. Irritability was probably caused by over fatigue, and the overwhelming series of emergencies. He wanted to pursue those suspicious kids, but,

"Neh.. Fuck that. No, time for that. I have bigger things to do at hand. " said Hektor to himself while waitin for Dr. Dimayuga to arrive in the car. They're headed to the city hall to attend the emergency meeting summoned by the president. A 25-mile radius of tight security and mobile patrols at every block were set to prepare the arrival of the president along representatives from different branches of the government, and high-ranking officials.

"How do I look?"

"Gorgeous, doc. Except that you're sweating a lot." Ghenes buckled in the straps of the seatbelt, pre-heated the engine and started the car immediately.

"Well. What do you expect? I got up late because I slept late. 3 hours of sleep aren't enough for me to prepare for this meeting." She pulled on tissues from her purse and tapped on her face lightly at the side mirror.

Ghenes and Lyn looked at each other.

"Seat belts, doc."

"Ohh, yeah. I forgot. Let's go."

----

While the two left for the meeting, the group of youngsters who pulled over near Ghenes. Dismounted from the van and pulled some high powered rifles with them to a odd looking door beside the shop.

A muzzle at the chest of a kid stopped the youngsters from walking.

"IDs?"

A black bandana-masked kid from behind pulled out a red leather booklet with a Mangsic flag on it.

"This looks rare. You bastards are lucky you were able to pass through this tight security. Get in. The boss is waiting for you."

Each of them stepped in while taking quick glances outside if anyone had seen them. The alleyway to the bar room wasn't that spacey to accommodate them all. But the leader made his way through the alleyway after all meeting the suited boss who's entertained by 2 hookers cuddled up in his arms.

The boss squinted and examined the leader's face. He hardly recognized him due to the dim bar lights danced and flashed off all over the place.

"Where's our money?" asked the leader. Standing firm and his eyes fixed cold at the boss.

The boss smirked and replied, "Manners. Kid. Manners. I need proof of your accomplishment of the job I have sent you to do."

"Are you that drunk and high enough to know what's happening around you?" The leader easily found the remote control and switched on the TV, displaying the news of the bombing from every channel.

"You believe me now? You're still calling me "a kid"?"

The boss smirked again; this time with a little more respect.