Chapter 60

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is finally upon us with preparations running smoothly. Nothing to worry about, the caterer has everything under control. I'm so happy I don't have to do a thing but show up dressed and ready to Eat, Drink and be Merry! 

Bonnie and I head to town to pick up his special Christmas gifts I ordered and had custom made. We have a nice lunch at the bistro across the street from the lingerie shop. "Bon, I need to go over to pick up some holiday stockings to match my dress. I thought I had a pair tucked away but they are nowhere to be found. Maybe you can pick up a little number to surprise Steve with?" I tease her. 

She turns beet red but laughing, "G, he will probably laugh himself silly instead of turning him on as it should. I don't look as good as you do in those sexy kinds of things." 

"Aw, Girl, come on. Don't put yourself down like that, you are fit and trim. They have all sorts of pretty nighties over there to make any girl look special. At least take a look around, you might find something." She agrees to browse the store. Believe it or not, she did find a pretty set to wear for him tonight.

It's the countdown to the party. Nanny insisted on dressing the twins so I am able to get a nap in before I have to get up and ready. He took a nap with me and let me sleep for a change. We manage to get dressed for the party on time with time to spare. It took some talking but I convinced Nanny to join us for dinner. She wanted to stay in the nursery and wait for the twins to return. She is so stubborn sometimes wanting to stay in the shadows unnoticed. Dagummit, she's a part of this family too. 

We take the twins down to wait for the guests to arrive. They look so cute with their Christmas outfits on. We have a bassinet set up in the living room, adjacent to the dining room to put them in while we eat dinner. I hope they sleep because it will be a big evening for them.

All the guest arrive cheerfully and full of the holiday spirit. Of course, most of them are wanting to meet Ethan and Violet. Thankfully, the twins passed out right before dinner is served. I was glad they took a break and gave us one too. My darling husband wanted to hold Ms.Violet while she slept in his arms at the dinner table. "Sweetie, please put her down to nap. She needs all the rest this evening she can get. I don't want her to get out of sorts." 

Lyron and Shonna brought Zander with them

Lyron and Shonna brought Zander with them. He looks so much better and is thriving, he's fast asleep in his portable car seat carrier. After pleading with him, he finally puts Violet down with her brother in the bassinet and the babies all take a nap while we enjoy our special Christmas Eve dinner. We had my traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner of lasagna (vegetarian for him), cucumbers in sour cream with a side of fresh fruit and Tiramisu for dessert.