A Mother's Farewell

The First Order shuttles landed before the group of Resistance fighters. The door of one of the shuttles opened and Kylo Ren walked down the ramp with his cape flowing behind him. A large group of stormtroopers fallowed him closely.
The Resistance members took a small involuntary step back at the sight of the dark figure coming towards them. But Rey, Poe, Finn and Rose held their ground. And without realizing it, General Organa had taken a slight step forward at the sight of her son. She wanted to go to him, to hold him as she once had. While the others saw a monster, she saw only her broken son.
"Ben, please come home." She said, softly.
He lowered his head. "I do not deserve your forgiveness, mother." He said.
"But I have already forgiven you." She answered. "You are my son, and I will always love you."
"It's too late." He answered.
"No, it is never too late." She answered. "Even after everything that he did, Darth Vader, my father was redeemed."
Hux came over and stood next to Kylo. "Kill the General!" He ordered the stormtroopers, pointing at Leia.
The stormtroopers opened fire on Leia and all of the Resistance. But at the last moment, Ben stepped in front of his mother, saving her. He was hit by multiple blasts, and his blood stained the ground beneath him. Though he was badly wounded, he stood strong.
Tears stung Leia's eyes as she saw the blood of her son. She watched as he ignited his lightsaber and charged towards the First Order. Rey, Poe, Finn, Rose and the rest of the Resistance joined him.
Soon none of the First Order were left standing.
Ben dropped his lightsaber and collapsed to his knees. Leia ran over to him and she held him in her arms like she had when he was hurt as a young boy.
"Ben?" She asked, her voice worried. Her hands were stained with the blood of his many wounds.
"I... I couldn't let them kill you." He whispered, weakly. "I love you."
"I love you too." She whispered and kissed his forehead.
Ben reached up and touched his mother's cheek, then his hand fell limp. He was dead. Leia cradled her son in her arms and wept. She rocked him back and forth slowly, like she did when he was small.

The End