CHAPTER ONE

Harper Kingsley, was just a normal girl with a normal life, nothing exciting ever happened

She was the girl in school, that people just thought as 'Oh Harper, she's nice' she was really just there.

Though, Harper wasn't trying to do anything to make a name for herself, and just went day by day-like breathing.

The reason that being, is that Harper, just didn't want to be known, she just didn't care, she just really didn't care about anything superficial.

Just like any normal day in her life, all that changed, when she suddenly just got sick.

It was strange, she had always been healthy, but then, just one day, her normal life, became complicated.

Sure, people get sick and people die, but Harper questioned, why exactly her normal life, had to end so soon?

"Cancer" Harper's doctor said as she sat in the small little room, that was suffocating, she felt like the walls were closing in as those words came out of the doctor's mouth.

The sounds of her parents' cries filled the room, as she drowned with the word; Cancer.

It was all too much for her to take in, but something inside her head, had somehow changed, she wanted to live, for once, she really wanted to live a not normal life.

"How long?" Harper asked, as her parents looked at her, between there cries, and both confused, on how she was not freaking out, but instead, she was very calm, but that is an understatement, if they looked closely, her palms were sweaty, and her heart was rapidly beating.

Harper was horrified.

"A year at most" It was strange, she thought, if she had listened to her parents and visit the doctors more often, she would have been able to find out she was sick sooner, but no, she didn't, because she thought it was useless, since she seemed fine, well that turned out to be one of the things she should have cared about.

When the news had reached the family, they started to smother Harper, and she was grateful, but she hated being treated like she was going to break.

She felt like she was suffocating, just like the time in at the doctors when she was told she was sick.

Her parents had endorsed in treatment, but Harper refused, them, which caused a lot of arguments to build up in the household- one thing led to another and she couldn't take it anymore.

She knew it wasn't going to stop her from dying especially since she was so far along.

So-one day, Harper packed all her things and decided to leave, which meant, running away.

She saw how much it had damaged her family, her parents fighting and as an only child, they couldn't help but want to find ways to extend there daughters life, but Harper saw how much it was hurting them all, draining them of all there happiness.

The thing about Harper is that she was never ever selfish, and always listened to others, and cared about others more than herself.

She was completely selfless. So, she thought to herself, since she had a time limit, she needed to spend it being selfish, even if it broke the hearts of her family.

11 months and 25 days, as Harper noted, as she walked out of her home, not looking back, she was going to live what of her life she had left.