FILE: 1

Rain.

Rain reminded the ghostly shell of Peter Parker of his dimension. Grey, desolate, sleeted with rain. Just like the butt of a cigarette reminded him of mafioso criminals, low-lit bars and... well, cigarettes. Just like how— ok, let's just stop right there. Peter was very reflectant in the bad weather, it was then he was at his most form of calm he could muster, his shoulders slackening only a teeny-tiny inch, but it was more than enough for him.

He was seated in a low-profile cafe brimming with lively customers, not normally his usual meeting spot with Miles and the rest of the crew for their bi-weekly reunion on 'Web-sday' (Wednesday, Miles thought of the name and it stuck.) but they felt they were being monitored which was fair enough; A hobo in a Spider-Man costume, a pig in that same costume, little schoolgirl with her not-so-compact robot- now that he thought about it, it made perfect sense to switch locations.

They all agreed to come without masks, all agreeing they'd feel naked, but they would do what was necessary. So the date and the place was set and Peter held to his custom of being half an hour early for every event. On his own... without his mask...

Peter attempted to hunch further into his coat.

He stared down at his black coffee that had been long-since served to him, staring down at his reflection that rippled as people passed. This soothed him strangely, like the smell of a mother's home cooking- Stop that!!

He let his dark eyes scope the cafe, looking amongst the unaware, cheerful faces around him for any sign of hostility. To his dismay he found none. Grumbling slightly in disappointment, he lowered his gaze before it stopped on a book cover a few feet away from him towards the back: Sherlock Holmes. He hadn't seen that title since he was but a boy. He could tell the book was old, frayed at the edges of the faded teal cover in comparison to the hand that was holding it up. Young, female obviously, delicate, (s/t). A student of some sort he made the observation to himself.

I should probably stop goggle-boxin' at people... His thoughts noted lowly, him lowering his head. A high-pitched beeping sound suddenly split through the cafe, Peter tensing as adrenaline ran through his veins at the prospect of action. A bomb?! Here?! Where?!!!  "Aw shoot!!" A voice cursed, chair screeching as hands fumbled with a rectangular device Miles called: THE PHONE. The beeping stopped abruptly,  Peter moping slightly. Just one of those timer, alarm doody baba thingys...  "I'm gonna be late!" A female voice cried gently, stressed Peter noted.

Then came the cluttering sound as if gathering things from under the table before dashing towards the front past him. Peter looked up just as the figure tripped up on a strangers handbag, hacking out as she buckled, her hands flying out for support, jostling his table, knocking the once calm-surfaced coffee. Like a flash his hand thrust out, preventing the figure from falling further as he shot a strand of web, catching the coffee in fluid motion, it launching back into the table gently as his arm snaked round her waist, jerking the figure back up in recoil.

The cafe was silent.

A sliver of an (e/c) eye greeted him from under fluffy (h/c) hair before a head (specifically yours) turned to face him: "Geez, that was pretty slick mister!!" You grinned, him smirking inwardly, slightly, but a inward smirk nonetheless. Slick... Haven't heard that word in a long time...  "Glad you enjoyed the show little dame, now are you alright???" He prompted, lifting his dark gaze to yours, sparkling with absolute purity and amazement. It was hard to find a gaze like that nowadays, so untouched by the cruel surrounding world.

He coughed before he could get lost, lowering his gaze slightly where they landed on your lips; plush, (l/c), so gosh-dang kissable, probably never been kissed—

He had to stop doing this.

He lowered his gaze immediately to the table when you smiled: "I'm fine sir, sorry about tha- OH MY GOD YOUR VEST!!!!! IM SO SO SORRY!!!" You screeched, pointing at what he looked down to see a minuscule splash of coffee on his grey button up vest. "IM SORRY!!!" You screamed again, frantically turning until you found a pile of napkins, ripping into the chunky pile now clenched in your fist as you set to work at his vest, his face darkening in what would be blush for non-techni-colour folk such as himself.

You kept on mumbling your sorries under your breath, before his gloved hand gently settled atop of yours before moving it aside. Before he could say 'It's fine ma'am.' You looked him dead-on: "I'll pay for a new one, I swear to you!" Peter looked taken aback: "I can't have a lady forkin' out for a new one, I'll just get it... 'dry-cleaned' as you modern-day people call it." "Well then I insist on paying the dry cleaning bill!" "What gentleman would I be if a lady payed for-" "Well what gentlewoman would I be if I made you pay for a mistake I made??"

It was then he chuckled, his eyes misting over with an emotion you couldn't quite place: "It happens all the time so why stop now??" You bristled, nose crinkling as you frowned: "There comes a time when all things stop, including declining a ladies offer of help!" He stared at you blatantly before sighing slightly, shrugging off his trench coat and unfastening the buttons of his vest to reveal a slate grey turtleneck that cling to his chest snugly.

You tried your dang best to not stare.

He folded the vest into a neat square before going: "See?? All taken care of-" "Thank you!" You grinned, yoinking it out of his grasp. "Ey!!" You threw him a smile: "If you're willing to meet here again tomorrow then I will have taken care of it..." and with that you left the restaurant. Peter staring in place of where you were, the cafe still in silence before someone piped up: "I'm sorry but you two make a really cute couple!"

Peter darkened.

A/N: Hiya sweaterfans!!! Hope you're enjoying the story, comments, votes, swoons over spidernoir are all appreciated! I'd love to hear what you guys think as I love feedback, constructive, not troll-like! So sit back and get cosy in SWEATERCORNER!!!! <3