FILE: 2

The stain... was gone! After a few hard hours of scrubbing, swearing: "Oh poppycock!" And using every ounce of stain remover you could find in your tiny cupboards, it was finally finished. You congratulated yourself  with a "YAHOO!!!" That could've been heard from the dimension over. You danced around the lounge room, hugging the vest to your chest as you whirled with a grin.

"YayayayayayayayYAY!!" You squealed, inhaling the now clean smell of the vest before your eyes jarred open, mentally berating yourself for sniffing a stranger's vest. Sighing, you folded it up with care before placing it on the sofa before turning around to busy yourself filling a watering can.

Peter watched on from the window. How long had he been crouched, watching? Even he didn't know now, hours it seemed. But the view was enchanting. You had changed into a... what he thought was an (f/c) sweater (he was hopeless with colours), lengthy black skirt that hung to your thighs, hair ruffled slightly from the furious scrubbing- and no, he was a gentleman and covered his mask's greyscale spectres with his fedora as you changed.

Now he knew exactly what was going on, he had seen it happen in more than a dozen of the coloured picture shows, it had happened once before in his dimension but more... sexual and more casual, well, no longer at least. And his thumper-dumpin' heart didn't flip-a-dip about like this when that dame was near.

He didn't like this.

He didn't want to admit it. And he never would. In fact this whole thing never happened, and as soon as you returned his vest tomorrow, he would thank you and life would go on as steeled-over and rain-smelling as it did before. Easy. He would just go home for now- and read a book- and- he couldn't tear himself away.

He was intrigued. And once he was intrigued he would always follow through but that was for cases, not girls. It shouldn't have ever been a girl, but here he was, trying to feel something-anything! And he succeeded. And it scared him. You scared him. This whole dang thing scared him!! But what was he worrying about?? It was just a silly vest that would be returned to him tomorrow! Easy! ...He was repeating himself now... he slumped against the glass pane, hopeless.

He peeked open an eye from behind his spectres before he caught sight of you tending to a small white flowering plant with a gentle smile. Baby's breath. "Flowers, ey??" He mused under his breath, stroking his chin in thought. Flowers would be the perfect act of gratitude- Thats it! That's why he was so flustered!! He was so caught off-guard momentarily by your kindness- and biteable lips.... and... everything that assembled the picture of you... nevermind then. The web was much deeper than he had anticipated.

Still givin' the little lady flowers wouldn't be so bad...  wait yes it would! For his hard-shelled reputation as a criminal-bustin', egg-cream drinkin' P.I.!! Though it would be polite on his part as a gentleman... and it made him ponder if you enjoyed the mellow-buster taste of egg creams like he did. Egg-creams and flowers... hmm... egg creams and flowers.... now that was an idea.

Brightening from under his mask with a sweet treat in mind, he slung himself upward into the glimmering New York night. You flitting about, unknowing of the P.I's presence let alone the scheme that was brewing like the coffee long spilt.

".... Hey, has anyone seen Noir???"

A/N: Evenin' Sweaterfans! Hope you've enjoyed the latest chapter, sorry it's so short! I was a bit muddled how to start this part > ^ < I've got more chapters underway, as always feedback, comments, egg-creams are all appreciated, don't feel frightened, I'd love to hear what you all have to say ^ ^ So sit back and get cosy in SWEATERCORNER!! <3