Shout Out At The Orion

Letting out a sigh of relief, I knocked on the storage room door. "You can come out now."

"Phew! Thanks a bunch, Fujikawa-san!" I nodded and went back to the piano. "No problem, Kurusu-san."

"You know me?" "Of course. Why wouldn't I know my own classmate?" "Oh yeah I guess that's sounds about right." And with that, the room went silent.

Eager to ease the awkward tension in the room, he started talking. "Hey, Fujikawa-san, do you watch the prince of fighting series?"

"You mean the one that Hyuga-sensei is starring in?" Seeing his eyes sparkle, I couldn't help but let a smile slip past. "Yeah. The series is pretty good."

"Right?! Hyuga-sensei is so amazing!! His poses, the way he acts, the way he impersonates his character is super awesome!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

After Syo left, I found myself laughing a bit at our aimless conversation. It's been too long since I've talked to anyone so energetic.

It's been just me and Tokiya for as long as I can remember.

Remembering that, I stared at the keys. Unknowingly, my fingers moved on its own to play a familiar tune.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Locked up in my room, the tears spilled out once more. "Kazuko! Open up!" Tokiya frantically knocked the door, trying to get me to unlock it.

Making matters worse, the knocks on the door made me cry even harder. As gut wrenching sobs came out from my mouth, the knocks became more and more frantic.

The knocks slowed down and eventually came to a halt. "Kazuko, please... I-I beg you... Please, j-just open the door and let m-me see you..." His voice sounded croaky and shaky as he inhaled a deep breath. Was he crying? Because of me?

You don't have to cry anymore, just stay the way you are.
Look at the sky! Ah... My sweetest love...

"T-tokiya?" Is he singing this for me?

Blue... The sparkling blue teardrop trailing down a cheek.
Rise... Did you know about the light that leads to tomorrow?

"*sniff* What are you-"

Truth... Maybe you still don't know yourself that well.
I'm sure those tears will become a rainbow to guide you.

"Tokiya, I-"

If you get chilled on your long journey,
Ah... I'll warm you up with a song!

The tears now flowing down my cheeks muddled my vision as I slowly moved my hand closer to the doorknob.

Maybe everything you wish for won't become stars,
But if you believe in your dreams,
They will be the thousands of jewels that shine brightly in the night sky.

*click* The sound of a door being unlocked could then be heard.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Kazu-chan, what is it?"

"Here." I passed him my finished piece. "Wow! Kazu-chan is so talented! You finished this on the day we were given the assignment?"

"Sorta. Anyways, do you want me to play it for you?" I honestly didn't put that much effort into it. It was just a tune that has been in my head the whole day.