C14: Treading Lightly Pt 2

REALLY SHORT CHAPTER, I APOLOGIZE SINCERELY, EVEN THOUGH IT IS ONLY A PART O_o

IT'S ALSO REALLY SHIT. XD

PLEASE READ THE END NOTE AS WELL

AND VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED!

THANKS FOR READING!

Last Chapter:

"What happened to you, Levi?" it was the first time in a while I saw something inside of him soften, before it was replaced with ice, "Did I honestly never mean anything?"

"What made you think you ever meant anything to me at all?" he sounded as if he was questioning himself more than me, but before I could answer he continued, "How did you ever expect me to come back when the only people you cared about had died had my own foolish hands?" He wasn't looking at me with anger, no desperation, no fear, just cold, a blank expression that made my skin crawl.

It was the first time he actually said anything worth hearing, and god knows why he was saying it now.

All I knew was that I needed to tread lightly, or I was likely to get my head blown off.********************************

"That's a pathetic excuse," I told him, deciding that I didn't care if he'd get riled up for it, "You promised me, and you dare to blame the fact that you broke that promise because they both died. How many times are you going to say it was because of them, can you never accept responsibility for anything?"

What a fat load of crap that was coming from my mouth.

When he didn't answer me, I pushed him off me and started running, running out of this damned place, away from him, anywhere else. I could hear him hot on my trail as I turned corners sharply trying to lose him, I didn't even know where I was as I stood on the top of a small rooftop, knowing that the whole endeavour had been pointless as I heard his feet come to a halt behind me.

"You can't just run away, not anymore," he growled as my breathing steadied, "Everyone dies, and I chose to believe that you died with them."

"Why are you telling me this now?" I murmured quietly, while my eyes screamed in anger.

"You aren't just going to quit, not while I'm your corporal, not while I'm your captain," When I realised he wasn't going to continue, my body took control, hitting him with my clenched fist. He didn't stumble, just stepped back calmly preparing for my next attack.

"After everything, that's all I am to you?" why these words came out of my mouth was something I'd never understand, but I chose not to question myself and followed my instincts. Lunging for him unsuccessfully again and again, "Just another fucking soldier, just another dead girl walking, just another rat."

I didn't manage to hit him once, which was when I understood something was wrong. I slowed my breathing, coming to a halt in my aggressions, letting whatever calmness I could retrieve overtake me. I was almost there, before I felt my breath burn in my mouth,

"What do you want to be to me, (y/n)?" he was looking at me with curiosity; the mood swings with him were unreal. His scowl had somewhat loosened and his hair seemed to look a shade darker, the jet black strands lying perfectly against his skull.

"Something more than just a rat," I replied, disgust in my tone, "I know I'm more to you than that, so why can't you admit it Levi?"

He stiffened, somehow proving my accusations and looked up at me, drilling into my fiery eyes with his ice cold orbs.

He stepped towards me, his feet colliding with the ground harshly, "What happens if I tell you that you're more, (y/n)? If I tell you that I don't regret sleeping with you, that I've been waiting to touch you for years. If I tell you that I wish I wasn't your corporal, and that we didn't live in this hell of a world?"

It was a rhetorical question, but it made me think more than anything did, "We are in the middle of an assignment, searching for something that could bring an end to human existence and you're telling me to be honest? Tell me to be honest when we are out of this stinking place they call an underground, when you've finally proved you can actually follow orders and put your personal feelings aside when needed. You told not only me but Erwin that you won't let such things cloud your judgement, so stay true to that."

He sounded more annoyed than anything, but I knew that this was his way of saying not now.

He was entirely right; I had practically promised Erwin the exact opposite of what I was doing now.

"I have to report the update, it's your choice whether you come or not," he grumbled, before jumping off the rooftop and heading towards the designated point to give a report on our findings. This was the only time that we could hear any legitimate information about what was going on within the Scouting Legion and other news, and practically the only time we could be brought back by orders without finishing the assignment.

So the curiosity I felt when I saw the usually serious member of Erwin's squad filled with worry was well deserved, while Levi stood bored as always, having not even looked at me on the trip here. We were in an abandoned building not too far off from one of the undergrounds entrances, the building looked as if it could crumble any minute.

"You have been ordered to return immediately," I could feel the man release a breath of relief as he spoke the words, while his face seemed to be the definition of strained, his eyes seemed begging, filled with fear.

"What happened?" I questioned him, before Levi could interject; the man looked me straight in the eye, the same fear never disappearing.

"Annie Leonhart isn't here, she went on a rampage, I wasn't going to come here but Erwin commanded me to, saying we needed humanity's strongest," he hesitated slightly from the words he spoke next, "That was before he.." he trailed off, leaving myself to tense.

"He what? We don't have time for this," Levi growled, furious.

"He's in critical condition, as well as many other comrades, we were attacked out of nowhere, proving there is a spy amongst us," he shuddered, earning a grunt from Levi.

"How did this happen? What of Eren?" I spat out, Eren surely must have stopped something.

He shook his head, "The titan boy went wild in the beginning, and when he came to his senses he could only hold her off so much."

"So please do tell me why the fuck we are just standing around with our heads up our asses while we are in havoc?" I yelled, not before leaping off the building, mad that such pointless conversations were taking place.

"Annie's gone."

The words made me stop in my tracks, as my breathing grew angrier, "What do you mean she's gone?!"

I glared daggers at the man, following suit after Levi's own hard gaze, "She escaped beyond the wall, we weren't prepared."

"Well you should have been fucking prepared," I yelled at him, noticing him wince slightly, this must have been a sensitive topic for him but I didn't give two shits. I was taking my anger out on him, I was blaming him, all because I loathed the fact that the titan shifting bitch had escaped. I continued to storm off, huffing as I did so.

"Wait, there's more information you should both know before we return," the man spoke, finding whatever strength he could in his voice, I glared back at him, noticing that Levi had hardly spoken, "There was another titan shifter amongst the female titan and Yeager, thought to be the spy."

My body went rigid at his words, biting my tongue with enough power to cut it in half.

"The titan shifter was..."

---------
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS CHAPTER WAS GOOD
I THOUGHT IT WAS SHIT XD
BUT ANYWAY BEFORE I SAID THAT I WAS GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER CHAPTER AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO WRITE FOR THE NEXT ONE BUT I'M SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE COMMENTED TO SEE WHO IT WAS..

And I think I'm not going to continue it I'm sorry 🥺🥺🥺🥺 I hope you'll understand