The Lost Faith

To the boy, who was the last hope

It was half-past 3 I was sitting across the cordless phone patiently waiting to hear her voice again though she called last night it was never enough.

The clock would strike 3, and the phone would ring daring me to pick up and listen to her cry on the other side. The heart would sink as she would take a deep breath trying to calm herself before hearing her cry with ache. I would hold the receiver a little too tight afraid to drop it just like I let her fall. Tears were always on the edge just like they somehow knew to fall down was the only destiny she would ever know.

It was 12:45 when you accidentally entered her life to her you were a saviour yet to you she was just her. To carve the scars deeper into the roots, to resurface the guilt that was deeply embedded in her conscience your hands were gentle, but words never were.With every scream the carved skin would bleed all again, the body would feel sore at all the places with the air being sucked out.

Eyes drifted towards the clock, it was 5 in the morning, and the phone still hadn't rung. Closing my eyes silence filled my ears as the heart ached to hear her voice instead.

She took a deep breath to let out a scream of pain while she was drowning.

~From the one who thought you would save her

Thank you for reading, you can follow me :)