twenty-three || "we're only the Avengers, we're not god"

As me and Peter enter the facility with Happy walking behind us, I suddenly feel a sense of unease wash over me and I quickly grab for Peter's hand where he squeezes it with reassurance. There are people walking around everywhere, making calls and the entire place smells differently of smoke and chemicals, making my anxieties build up further.

What the hell had happened here?

"Mr Stark and the other Avengers are in the living room," Happy informs us, causing me and Peter instantly looking at one another at the mention of the other Avengers being brought into the scenario.

Must be serious.

We enter the living room and instantly 9 pairs of eyes look at us, Peter's grip on my hand tightening. Instantly I notice that my Uncle has several cuts across his face along with everyone else, and Steve had his leg up with Natasha holding some ice to it. The two of us move forward and I look at everyone, from Thor who was sat with his head in his hands to Scott who simply smiled at me weakly with Clint sat besides him messing with his bow.

"What happened?" I asked as Bruce sat forward with Wanda staying leant back next to him.

"The base, it was attacked," my Uncle informs me and Peter who, once again, look at each other in shock, "And we have reason to believe it was HYDRA-"

"Well we don't really, but they're a pretty big suspect with all the events that have happened revolving around them and you," Clint cuts in, causing my throat to tighten as, once again, it was most likely my fault that everyone was being put into danger by the corporstion.

"When? How? And why wasn't I alerted to help out?" Peter cut in as he went and sat in an open space next to Thor and my Uncle pulled me into a hug.

"Because you were at school and we didn't want you to get hurt," Steve tells Peter, causing Peter to raise his eyebrows.

"But I'm an Avenger too-"

"We needed you to stay at school and keep an eye on Katie because not only do we believe it to be HYDRA doing the attack, but we didn't know if it was a possible distraction for them to go to the school to attempt to kidnap Katie again without us knowing," my Uncle tells Peter, "Besides, I needed you to stop Katie causing more havoc-"

"Havoc?" Steve questions as he looks at me as I pulled away from my Uncle's hug, "What happened?"

"Katie got a detention for punching some kid in the nose," my Uncle tells Steve as I feel people look at me in shock, most likely not expecting me to have done such a thing.

"Nice," Bucky smirks and nods with approval from where he was sat next to Steve, causing him to get playfully hit from Steve in response though I was grinning back at him due to the compliment.

"In all fairness, Flash is a utter dickhead and deserved it," I shrug from where I was stood next to my Uncle, trying to support my violent actions, Bucky still smiling in approval.

"Flash? Isn't he the kid who told the entire school you were my niece?" My Uncle questions and I nod in response.

"You've got him-"

"Wait, I've just remembered! If you were in detention, that means you saw that god-awful video of Cap telling people to follow the rules and that you were 'trying to be cool' for breaking them in the first place!" Peter quizzes me, and as I nod as we both begin to laugh at just the thought of the video.

"Come on, it's not that bad," Steve tries to defend himself but me and Peter shake our heads in response, still giggling.

"I've heard computers sound less scripted than you," I smile at Steve as he begins to show fake annoyance at the fact that me and Peter, two teenagers, were making fun of him.